The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Hmmm, I just watched Starwars and most of Starwars the Emprie Strikes back, I don't think I'll ever see where people can get off saying these are better than the new flicks, let alone the best movies ever made. Of course I was falling asleep almost every

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#49843  by G-man Joe
 Wed Jun 26, 2002 7:51 am
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>Bleh! I know a lot of people turned off by the Ewoks. It was going great until they showed up. Empire is more of the fans' favorite, I thought.</div>

#49844  by Kupek
 Wed Jun 26, 2002 9:01 am
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>I can't remember the name of the movie, but it was some mother-daughter drama. She did a good job, and this was several years after Leon.</div>

#49845  by SineSwiper
 Wed Jun 26, 2002 12:08 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Zeus, you have a excessively high bar on what you consider to be a good actor/actress.</div>

#49846  by SineSwiper
 Wed Jun 26, 2002 12:11 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>I really had no problem with Ewoks. Compared to Jar Jar and his crew, they were a bunch of midget Shakespeares.</div>

#49852  by G-man Joe
 Thu Jun 27, 2002 8:15 am
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>That's coz you were a wee lad back then.</div>

#49854  by Gone to Shakers
 Thu Jun 27, 2002 10:55 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Also, I know this will piss off the hardcore Starwars fanatics, but I have no problem with Jar Jar or the Ewoks =)</div>

#49869  by SineSwiper
 Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:33 am
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>I was still old enough to understand the story pretty well, and considered the Ewoks 10x better than Jar Jar Binks. At least the Ewoks didn't talk broken English.</div>

#49875  by Zeus
 Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:40 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Yes I do. I think the VAST majority of actors out there are fairly decent, they get the job done but not much else. That's not a good actor to me. I think it's as much the roles as the actors. The roles for women are particularly weak.</div>

#49876  by Zeus
 Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:41 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Somewhere Out There with Susan Sarandon?</div>