The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Die Hard 4: Die Hardest, Super-Post Production Early, Yay or Nay?!

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #59857  by Agent 57
 Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:53 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Thus, the statement in your subject is completely untrue.

As far as the rest of your posts on this matter where you have unapologetically clung to this blatant elitism of yours - god forbid someone likes a movie that you don't! - well, nobody's going to convince you otherwise.

Although I will say this regarding your elitism, and your declarations of how certain games/movies that people at this board have professed to like are "trash" and/or beneath your notice - I really think you need to reset your scale. Go read any of the game/movie reviews over at Something Awful. After a few of those, hopefully you'll get some perspective and be thankful that even what can be considered a "bad" movie or game by our standards is still a hell of a lot better than it could be.

<i>-57</i></div>

#59867  by Ishamael
 Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:16 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>Not really. Once upon a time, the common man actually gave a shit about arts(think Renaissance), lit(think Shakespeare). But now we have radio, television, and terror alert levels to keep us entertained. So now only critical elite are worthy of judging such things...</div>

#59880  by Stephen
 Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:43 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Shakespeare was one of those rare figures whose art appealed to both critics and common man alike, though often for different reasons. I couldn't tell you much about popular appreciation of the arts during the Renaissance, though.</div>

#59882  by Stephen
 Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:47 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Quite right.</div>