The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Fate Stay Night the Anime

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #95289  by Don
 Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:34 pm
Well, the Anime is out, but as usual people are afraid to tell you where to get it so all I can find is http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?s ... #eid_45835 and those of you been downloading Anime longer than I have might be able to figure out how to make use of this information (I got the Chinese version the day it was out). Of course I have the torrents to the Chinese/raw versions but I doubt those will do anyone any good here.

While the guys who paid $30 for a 3 minute preview for this stuff are going oh and ah over the first episode, I don't think it's that great. The fighting scenes will make or break the Anime and so far there isn't anything besides Saber versus Archer Gold in the prologue, which violates like the first rule of action anime which is that any move that is worth showing has to have a name. Not to mention all the moves in Fate are tied to the Servant's True Name so it is actually relevant to see a move's name. It looks like there won't even be a fight until episode 3 (Saber vs Lancer) so that's another week of *filler* before anything interesting happens.

So far on the Chinese BT networks there are about 500 seeds for F/SN. As a point of reference Naruto has 1500, so it's a decent sized start. But Typemoon also put a lot of hype in this and it looks like the first major fight will be in episode 4. Will be interesting to see if the hype can last long enough for the story to actually get to anywhere interesting...

#95290  by Blotus
 Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:52 pm
Yeah, I think you're still the only one who has played the games here.

And who is paying $30 for a three minute preview??

#95291  by Don
 Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:42 pm
Various guys on the Fate Stay Night boards (or at least they claim. Of course they could've just downloaded it online too), including one of my friends.

The funny thing is the friend who bought the 3 minute review said that if he didn't know this was his favorite game he would not have bothered with the Anime past episode 1.