The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• FINALLY my shows are starting up again....

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #95363  by Zeus
 Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:43 pm
My Name is Earl - tonight's ep was pretty freakin' fun. Great, light entertainment

24 - starts on Sunday and Monday with 4 whole hours. YEAH BABY!

Veronica Mars - dammit, I have to wait 'til the 25th. Oh well, shitty Naruto, Earl, 24, and hockey will have to keep me occupied 'til then

Sopranos - March can't come soon enough

Arrested Development - any word on this one at all? I have no clue what's going on with this show. They can at least give us a wrap up of the current storylines and leave a little something open in case they get picked up.

#95369  by Blotus
 Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:33 pm
I'm all over the 24. I just hope they can keep it interesting... not that I doubt the writers, but they've got to be running out of scenarios for a show that's constantly surprising.

#95374  by Don
 Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:14 pm
Just have a completely unsurprising story and that'll surprise everyone.

#95378  by Blotus
 Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:21 pm
Stretch that idea over 24 episodes and you can kiss that series goodbye!

#95382  by Zeus
 Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:17 am
Black Lotus wrote:I'm all over the 24. I just hope they can keep it interesting... not that I doubt the writers, but they've got to be running out of scenarios for a show that's constantly surprising.
Spolier coming up on end of Season 4 of 24 so stop reading..........NOW!

Well, they have to find a way to bring him back into the fold after the end of last season. We'll pretty much know after the first 4 hours this weekend whether or not it's going to be a good reintroduction or if they've really run out of ideas. I've personally been surprised they can keep it up this long. I thought after Season 3 they had no more ideas but Season 4 surprised me and was the best one yet.

Ish and Tort have to be lookin' forward to 24 as well.....

Is no one else lookin' forward to the end of Sopranos? No one saw My Name is Earl?

#95386  by Blotus
 Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:12 am
I trust 'em. And even if the season went shitty I'd still watch for Tony and Michelle. I love those kids.

And I am excited for The Sopranos. I'm going to have to watch Season five again because I've forgotten a lot of it (but I'll never forget, or forgive, what they did to Adrianna).

#95388  by Zeus
 Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:18 am
Black Lotus wrote:I trust 'em. And even if the season went shitty I'd still watch for Tony and Michelle. I love those kids.

And I am excited for The Sopranos. I'm going to have to watch Season five again because I've forgotten a lot of it (but I'll never forget, or forgive, what they did to Adrianna).
She's not gone yet. She'll be in the new season, I can promise you that

#95396  by Blotus
 Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:10 pm
What the shit are you on about? Silvio doesn't play around.

#95406  by Zeus
 Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:54 pm
Black Lotus wrote:What the shit are you on about? Silvio doesn't play around.
Well, don't forget the storyline that was going on at the time (ie. Tony losing his crew due to his favourtism of Tony B). Remember, they didn't actually show her getting shot, it was just implied.

And, at any rate, I can guarantee she'll be in some of Chris' backflashes, maybe even leading to a coup attempt or at the very least some tension. I'm pretty sure she's signed on to the rest of the show's run.

#95423  by Blotus
 Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:59 pm
Palmer and Dessler in one episode? They've got my attention. Though I'm really sad to see Michelle go.

#95425  by Imakeholesinu
 Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:22 pm
That's it, it's Soprano's night at Blockbuster.

#95430  by Zeus
 Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:23 pm
Black Lotus wrote:Palmer and Dessler in one episode? They've got my attention. Though I'm really sad to see Michelle go.
They're trying to pick up right away on the pace of the last season. 4 was my fav so far due to the fact that it was a string of events and not just one big one, like the first three. That's what this show will have to do to keep going IMO. But they have to stop finding ways to bring innocents Jack cares about into the fray. The part with the kid in ep 3 and 4 annoyed me. It's just too much to have it every freakin' season.

One episode? It was 10 freakin' minutes! And Almaida is a vegetable...

#95431  by Zeus
 Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:24 pm
Barret wrote:That's it, it's Soprano's night at Blockbuster.
Fuckers are splitting up the last 18 episodes into two seasons: one starting this March and the last next freakin' January. Bastards.......

#95515  by Zeus
 Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:21 pm
Saw the 5th episode of 24 last night. Great start, but it's been a little deja vu since. A lot of the "twists" are stuff we've seen before save for Cummings. How many more CTU moles are we going to see? How many times does Jack have to save the people he cares about, like the kid hostage? It could easily have been ANY hostage since they were going to kill another anyways. How many more times are we going to have someone from division come down and take over?

Now, I'm not hating this season, it's not bad so far. But I think they're starting to fall into the "do what people want and expect" trap. I hope to hell they prove me wrong, but I don't think they will. The next couple of eps when this whole thing with Cummings blows up should determine whether or not they've lost their edge.