The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• God Naruto is annoying...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #95534  by Eric
 Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:42 am
I think if anything the filler anime has made me build up alot of hate toward Naruto as the main character of the show.

The dumb luck, the constant loudness, the constant screw-ups, the weakest link in his groups until he fights. It all builds up and annoys the ever living crap outta me.

I LOVE Naruto in the manga, because the 13 year old chapter in his life ended and now he's ACTING much more mature, he's not loud for no reason, and he's not a screw up, he's so much more focused, much stronger, and is actually ACTING like a ninja. He doesn't jeprodise his missions, and doesn't put his friends in bad situations. He takes advantage of the surroundings he has and works WITH his teammates, as opposed to when he and Sasuke fought Haku in Water Country and he just made a retarded enterance.

But looking at the filler and how he genuwinely acts just annoys me to no end, is working my nerves. Thankfully the other members of his teams are more interesting, I liked Hinata's little Arc, I like her development as a character, Shino is oddly cool in his own way, and while Neji puts up with the bullshit, he's also a pretty focused ninja. Rock lee's arc....errrr...well...damn....he was just as annoying if not more annoying then Naruto, I can take the ridiculousness in small doses, but when it's thrown in my face for 3 episodes straight for 22 minutes a pop it wears on you. The latest Arc with Anko is also a high point because of her relationship with Orochimaru, she's a very interesting and fun character. :)

The only times I like Naruto in this filler is when he's injured or not talking, even watching him fight works my nerves cause he has the nine-tails in him and doesn't use it(Unlike the mature arc tee hee).

#95535  by Lox
 Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:38 am
"jeprodise"?

I think you mean: "Jeopardize", foo'! :)

That is all I have to say since I've never watched Naruto. heh

#95536  by Flip
 Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:19 am
Lox wrote:"jeprodise"?

I think you mean: "Jeopardize", foo'! :)

That is all I have to say since I've never watched Naruto. heh
Lol, what fantastic input.

#95537  by Zeus
 Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:29 pm
The sad part is they can't do any real character development, so they have to go on what was done in the past, giving us basically 2D plots. It's irritating and I can't wait for it to end. If I didn't know this was filler I would probably stop watching the show. It's almost, but not quite, Lost-bad

#95555  by Nev
 Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:10 pm
If *you* think Naruto is annoying, just think about what it's like for all of us that don't watch the show, and then call our friends and say "hey I have this great idea I want to talk to you about" and hear "go away, watching Naruto" in response... (as happened to me last night)

#95562  by Zeus
 Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:53 pm
See, Mental, the secret is to watch Naruto with your friends so it becomes a social thing :-)

#95938  by M'k'n'zy
 Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:12 pm
Well the good news is that there are less than 10 more episodes of filler left. Yay! I am finding the 6th storyarc in the manga VERY interesting....there is a particular pic I am tempted to cut and use as a sig, but I think people would be pissed if I did ^_^