The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Simpsons takes a shot at Family Guy

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#96155  by Flip
 Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:24 pm
BWAHA!

#96156  by Lox
 Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:40 pm
That was pretty funny. :)

If you look to the right, the one with the Diabetes guy is pretty good too. I remember that episode, but it's always fun to watch again.

#96161  by M'k'n'zy
 Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:29 pm
lol...thats great ^_^

#96164  by Kupek
 Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:56 pm
I have seasons three and four of the Simpsons. They mention Family Guy a few times in the commentaries, mostly in relation to how Family Guy uses short, absurd flashback sequences similar to what they did at the time.

#96167  by Manshoon
 Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:17 pm
Meh, Simpsons jumped the shark years ago, they don't really have any right to be dissing Family Guy.

In short: Old Simpsons > Family Guy >>>>>>>>>>>>>> New Simpsons.

#96168  by Zeus
 Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:01 am
Manshoon wrote:Meh, Simpsons jumped the shark years ago, they don't really have any right to be dissing Family Guy.

In short: Old Simpsons > Family Guy >>>>>>>>>>>>>> New Simpsons.
I'd say about 8 or 9 years ago, sometime during season 9. Sadly, they keep going back for longer and longer jumps....and keep making them.....

#96173  by Julius Seeker
 Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:36 am
I have liked the Simpsons in the past few seasons, they're a lot better than they were during seasons between about 3-8 years ago when they just seemed to be releasing episodes to get them out. Still, in recent times they seem to be releasing some of the best episodes in the history of the show.

I just wish they'd HURRY UP and get some later seasons on DVD, they're like 10-15 years behind.

#96175  by SineSwiper
 Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:08 pm
I think they are just jealous because the Simpsons suck now, and Family Guy has taken over as the leader of animated comedy. Fucking sore losers! I hope Seth MacFarlane rips them a new one in his next episode.

Besides, I think South Park's "The Simpson's Did It" episode rings true here. There's no point accusing everybody in the world of copying off of The Simpsons, when the Simpsons have already done everything anyway.