The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Does anyone watch Weeds?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #96476  by Nev
 Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:40 am
This is the show about the woman whose husband dies, so she turns into a pot dealer in order to maintain her family's lifestyle. I've heard it was good. If anyone here watches it, what do you think?

Does anyone have a torrent site for it, as well?

#96477  by Shellie
 Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:45 pm
I watched it when it was on. Not bad, something to watch when nothing else is on. Its not spectacular though.
 #96478  by Zeus
 Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:47 pm
Mental wrote:Does anyone have a torrent site for it, as well?
For anyone who didn't read my previous reply to Ish, here it is again:

For ANY TV-related torrents, go to www.tvtorrents.com. This site will seed all previous seasons of the shows on their list as well as any new stuff and let you know when the next shows are scheduled and what they're called (basically, they grab the info from www.epguides.com).

They won't get the stuff right away like Torrentspy or other sites, it's the best for complete series' and shows that have been on for a while for you to catch up on.

You have to register, but for most of the good sites it's like that now. It's more to stop the MPAA search engines from being able to read the site than anything.

#96531  by Nev
 Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:23 am
OMG, that site is the most tempting thing ever. I could really get into some serious intellectual property abuse there...

Yes, I know that's the point, but I have a fairly strict policy on piracy - I let myself grab the occasional song, or watch the occasional movie or TV show, but under no circumstances am I to pirate a significant percentage (say, more than 2-3%) of my IP consumption, in whatever form.

Hard to feel *that* bad about TV, though...though I suppose they lose out on my cable fees, and the possibility of me buying sets on DVD.

Bad Mental! No downloading the entire first season of Battlestar Galactica for you!

#96556  by Zeus
 Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:33 pm
The idea is to use it to WATCH the shows, not keep them. If it wasn't for that site, I would never have bought the first season of Veronica Mars or be hotly anticipating the Arrested Development releases. It's like your very own On Demand site for TV shows. That's how I use it.