The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Any catch Heroes?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #107162  by SineSwiper
 Wed May 23, 2007 10:07 pm
Started watching it on Sunday. Literally watched the first 15 episodes in a 12 hour sitting. Just watched the season finale tonight.

Anybody's thoughts? I figured I'll go scan around for ideas and opinions, now that I've caught up with the series.

#107165  by Lox
 Wed May 23, 2007 11:00 pm
I enjoyed the season. I am curious to see where they'll take it next season.

I really hope Peter comes back. He was one of my favorite characters.

#107166  by Ishamael
 Wed May 23, 2007 11:08 pm
Horribly overrated (especially from about episdoe 10 on), but I still enjoy it. And NBC is way too cheap on the special effects, which is pretty unacceptable for a show about super heroes.

#107200  by Chris
 Thu May 24, 2007 11:26 pm
I reallly liked it. Especially after the midseason break where it just amped up and wet crazy. Plus the Days of Future past episode was absolutely awesome. I actually thought that Sylar from that future was going to pull a nimrod/bishop and come back in the past and replace sylar with a super sylar........the nly really bad episode though was the finale at the end. some good parts in the ep but man at the end it was just soooo predictable....I actually said at the midseason reak wen peter first had the dream that exactly what happened would happen...dissapointing that it did

#107207  by SineSwiper
 Fri May 25, 2007 10:45 am
Chris Hansbrough wrote:I actually said at the midseason reak wen peter first had the dream that exactly what happened would happen...dissapointing that it did
Ditto. Though, according to an article I read with the creator, they didn't really enjoy writing the last 3 episodes much because everything was already "pre-destined". There wasn't much wiggle room for side-plots and the like.

I did like the battle at the end, since everybody was there being a part of it. My favorite moment was when Niki starts beating the crap out of Sylar, and Peter goes "Hey, I got this", and starts doing the same thing with his newly acquired strength from Niki/Jessica.

#107215  by Lox
 Fri May 25, 2007 11:47 am
SineSwiper wrote:
Chris Hansbrough wrote:I actually said at the midseason reak wen peter first had the dream that exactly what happened would happen...dissapointing that it did
Ditto. Though, according to an article I read with the creator, they didn't really enjoy writing the last 3 episodes much because everything was already "pre-destined". There wasn't much wiggle room for side-plots and the like.

I did like the battle at the end, since everybody was there being a part of it. My favorite moment was when Niki starts beating the crap out of Sylar, and Peter goes "Hey, I got this", and starts doing the same thing with his newly acquired strength from Niki/Jessica.
Yeah, I liked how everyone was together for the first time. That was pretty cool.