The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• My book is finally out...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #108406  by Chris
 Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:07 pm
just thought I'd shill for a bit. the first book from my company is out....Scorn....it's good stuff getting almost universally good reviews...the lowest of which is 70%. guys seriously....support me...make an order check it out. it's good stuff.

http://store.septagonstudios.com/produc ... ducts_id=1

#108420  by kali o.
 Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:59 pm
Congrats, I'll get around to buying one this week and check it out!

You're still a total douche, though.

Edit: Oh, it's just $3.50? I thought it was like a novel or something. I'll still order one, but with shipping costing more than the product, I feel like I'm supporting the Canada Post service, not you, lol.

#108423  by Chris
 Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:18 pm
it's a comic. the first issue of a 4 issue series I edited...
and thank you my douchebaggish friend :P

#108493  by Lox
 Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:49 pm
Just ordered a copy! :)

#108497  by Tessian
 Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:42 pm
Why does the description make me think of Gungrave? :P

#108508  by Ishamael
 Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:25 am
Hey man, congrats. Keep us in the loop on how it's going. Any new news?

#108509  by Chris
 Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:28 am
not a ton of new news. over the last week I've picked up 2 more books for editing as well as working on a few fun pitches. got a meeting the other day with Dark Horse as well....nothing came out of it.
also have a pitch meeting with some folks in chicago about writing a miniseries involving a liscensed toy property.....

hey zeus...i'm gonna be raping the shit out of your childood worse than bay ever did

(speaking of which...anyone here from chicago tat would lend we a couch for wizard world....I want to whore my stuff and try out a new city :p

but yeah. a lot of new shit coming recently...most notabley a graphic novel about te king of rock and roll I'ma editing

but seriously guys....thanks for supporting my insane geekiness.....I can't thank ye enough

#108521  by Zeus
 Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:54 pm
Chris Hansbrough wrote:not a ton of new news. over the last week I've picked up 2 more books for editing as well as working on a few fun pitches. got a meeting the other day with Dark Horse as well....nothing came out of it.
also have a pitch meeting with some folks in chicago about writing a miniseries involving a liscensed toy property.....

hey zeus...i'm gonna be raping the shit out of your childood worse than bay ever did
Goddamn it, if you're gonna do that, at the very least follow the lead of that new series and the War Within ones that came out a couple of years ago. They ruled.

#108523  by Chris
 Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:42 pm
you know what you should do Zeusy...you should buy my book....then tell the gray to buy my book....then send me the book so I can sign it and send it back....the eat a potato

#108534  by Zeus
 Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:28 pm
Chris Hansbrough wrote:you know what you should do Zeusy...you should buy my book....then tell the gray to buy my book....then send me the book so I can sign it and send it back....the eat a potato
Never said I wouldn't....

I'll make ya a deal: send me a signed statement that you will at the very least attempt to stay as true to the "good" Transformers comics as you possibly can (ie. copy them if you have to :-) and both Gray and I will buy your comic.

Fair trade, no? :-)

#108547  by Chris
 Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:07 pm
I'll be true to my transformers comic. if I do get it it's a pitch for a new continuity. but it will be heavily influenced by the transformers stuff I like the most. Take a little from everything. It's what is supposed to be like marvels ultimate line and it's being used like that for both transformers and Gi-Joe. will I be faithful.....as much as I can be. will it be like other comics...hell no. Oh and I'm not adding flames to optimus...just for you.....but I am taking away the magical dissapearing trailer. however I think it will be something you will like if it gets accepted..

#108553  by Zeus
 Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:39 pm
Chris Hansbrough wrote:I'll be true to my transformers comic. if I do get it it's a pitch for a new continuity. but it will be heavily influenced by the transformers stuff I like the most. Take a little from everything. It's what is supposed to be like marvels ultimate line and it's being used like that for both transformers and Gi-Joe. will I be faithful.....as much as I can be. will it be like other comics...hell no. Oh and I'm not adding flames to optimus...just for you.....but I am taking away the magical dissapearing trailer. however I think it will be something you will like if it gets accepted..
See, changes like eliminating the disappearing trailer are fine. I've always maintained it needs updating, it's just too old and out of date not to update.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for it if it's accepted

#108555  by Chris
 Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:15 pm
Zeus wrote:
Chris Hansbrough wrote:I'll be true to my transformers comic. if I do get it it's a pitch for a new continuity. but it will be heavily influenced by the transformers stuff I like the most. Take a little from everything. It's what is supposed to be like marvels ultimate line and it's being used like that for both transformers and Gi-Joe. will I be faithful.....as much as I can be. will it be like other comics...hell no. Oh and I'm not adding flames to optimus...just for you.....but I am taking away the magical dissapearing trailer. however I think it will be something you will like if it gets accepted..
See, changes like eliminating the disappearing trailer are fine. I've always maintained it needs updating, it's just too old and out of date not to update.

even if it isn't accepted there is still some fun stuff out there. the last GI Joe/Transformers crossover that was done was quite possibly the epitomy of awesomeness. GI Joe and the Autobots vs. Cobra, The REd Hand, Drednoks, and The Decepticons.....flat out awesome. just for Snakeyes taking out Megatrons eye......snake eyes fucking rocks. actually right now I would say that both properties are better than they have ever been. The One shot character spotlights on the transformers (The most recent being Galvatron) have been fat out awesome. Not to mentiion the current ongoing GI Joe : America's Elite has also been amazing as the GI Joe Continuity has never been reset. it takes everything from the marvel comics days al the way toill now and keeps it all as canon....and with the awesomeness that is world war 3 just starting up....well...it's flat out awesome. Not to mention a couple friends of mine are currently working on an Avengers/Transformers crossover.....DR. Doom and the Decepticons.....sweeeeeeet...

#108556  by Zeus
 Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:26 pm
Chris Hansbrough wrote:
Zeus wrote:

even if it isn't accepted there is still some fun stuff out there. the last GI Joe/Transformers crossover that was done was quite possibly the epitomy of awesomeness. GI Joe and the Autobots vs. Cobra, The REd Hand, Drednoks, and The Decepticons.....flat out awesome. just for Snakeyes taking out Megatrons eye......snake eyes fucking rocks. actually right now I would say that both properties are better than they have ever been. The One shot character spotlights on the transformers (The most recent being Galvatron) have been fat out awesome. Not to mentiion the current ongoing GI Joe : America's Elite has also been amazing as the GI Joe Continuity has never been reset. it takes everything from the marvel comics days al the way toill now and keeps it all as canon....and with the awesomeness that is world war 3 just starting up....well...it's flat out awesome. Not to mention a couple friends of mine are currently working on an Avengers/Transformers crossover.....DR. Doom and the Decepticons.....sweeeeeeet...
I used to enjoy crossovers back in the day, so I'm all for it. I saw the GI Joe/Transformers one but never got a chance to read it. It sounds like an odd mix but if you think about it, it could actually work.

Better than the "re-invention" with Armada or Energon *pukes*

#108565  by Chris
 Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:48 pm
sorry to say zeusypoo. I'm incorporating elements from every continuity. every single one. modernizing it all and yes. I am changing a lot of vehicle types. nothing huge. Optimus is still a big rig and everyone is still branded the same...so bumblebee is still a beetle and whatnt but they are all going to be based on the modern versions of cars. and some will actually change what they turn into as it goes along and cars change. Megatron will also never turn into a gun. I'm sorry but no matter what you say if the most evil and powerful thing in the galaxy turns into a gun that someone else can shoot....that's just stupid. there is going to be another bot that turns into a gun for megatron to use but Megatron himself will never turn into just a gun. however he is going to have a really big fucking cannon in his vehicle form....and I don't mean a tank either. we're designing something new for it....

#108567  by Zeus
 Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:30 pm
I completely agree that Megatron can't turn into a gun, it just won't work nowadays. Turn him into a huge cannon or something then, the epitome of destruction. Same idea, modernized, it works well

I said before, modernizing is fine as long as you stay true to the source material

#108621  by Lox
 Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:01 am
What did he use for the art in the book, Chris?

It almost looks like he scratched it using a knife or something.

I enjoyed it. The story seems interesting though the art is hard to follow in certain spots where it's really dark.

#108635  by Chris
 Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:57 am
it is crazy stuff but it is all ink over pencil and the magic of photoshop. I like his style though. very reminiscent of Ben Templesmith. thanks for buyin and I'm glad you liked it

#108636  by Lox
 Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:44 am
Let me know when the next one is out. I'll definitely pick it up. The more I read it, the clearer everything becomes. :) And I kind of find myself drawn to the art because it's so unique.

Do you guys have any other books coming out?

#108637  by Chris
 Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:27 am
for now this is it. running under a philosophy of start slow so it doesn't become another crossgen or dreamworks ANd go out of business after 2 years

#108638  by Lox
 Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:46 am
Yeah, good plan. Sounds exciting.