The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Flash Gordon

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #109141  by Chris
 Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:27 pm
ok. I'll sum it up quick....

Flesh Gordon was more Flash Gordon than this.....

ming the merciless? More like ming the petty beurocrat....ugh. that was seriously painful to watch

#109148  by Tessian
 Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:41 pm
I watched it because I had nothing inbetween Dr Who and Psych...

I don't know a damned thing about Flash Gordon... but I got bored half way through. Forget that.

#109151  by Chris
 Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:47 pm
same situation I was in. I was dumb enough to skip psych for it....man I can't wait till 9 tonight so I can make up for that....I loves me some psych.....

#109162  by Tessian
 Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:13 pm
You... skipped Psych? If we were face to face I might have had to spit at your feet...

Psych is such an under appreciated show I think... every episode is so fucking entertaining I can't wait until the next. The main character is just so eccentric and fun to watch, and his sidekick is a great addition.

</gushing>

#109163  by RentCavalier
 Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:14 pm
Tessian wrote:
I don't know a damned thing about Flash Gordon... but I got bored half way through. Forget that.
Isn't that how most shows on Sci-Fi Channel end up? >:)

I suppose Battlestar Galactica is the exception.

#109167  by Tessian
 Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:24 pm
RentCavalier wrote:
Tessian wrote:
Isn't that how most shows on Sci-Fi Channel end up? >:)

I suppose Battlestar Galactica is the exception.
BG would not be the exception...

Stargate, Dr Who (although technically BBC, not Scifi), Dresdin Files... and a few old ones that never made it far are definitely exceptions.

That's not to say I don't agree otherwise... 90% of the Scifi channel is total shit. Their movies are SO BAD that The Soup makes fun of them everytime they come out with a new one

#109168  by RentCavalier
 Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:38 pm
I hate E!, but I find the Soup rather deliciously funny, even though you can tell there are times when they are forced to...restrain...themselves by their Britney-blowing tabloid-humping bosses.

I fear for the Dresden files, actually, because of my book, the Black Report, may be similar, and prompt lawsuits.

I'm allergic to lawsuits.

#109170  by Chris
 Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:42 pm
Tessian wrote:You... skipped Psych? If we were face to face I might have had to spit at your feet...

Psych is such an under appreciated show I think... every episode is so fucking entertaining I can't wait until the next. The main character is just so eccentric and fun to watch, and his sidekick is a great addition.

</gushing>
first time for everything. when I heard flash gordon was coming back I was pretty stoked. I love that old stuff and it's a damn cool concept.....but this.....this wasn't flash gordon. it was horrid tripe. I'm gonna give it one actual wpisode rather than just a pilot but man.....it was bad.....and dude trust me. I want to kick myself in the nuts for skipping psych....

I think USA might have the best quality line up of shows out there. I love their origina stuff Burn Notice has been pretty good. Monk is always decent and psych is truly genius comedy

#109171  by RentCavalier
 Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:46 pm
I'll have to get Psyche on DVD, I caught the tail-end of one episode and found it intriquing.

I like the commercials though. The white guy replaces the black guy for an even better-looking, deeper-voiced black guy, and then the other black guy is like "WTF?"

#109183  by Tessian
 Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:23 am
I love the little things... like at the end of every episode you get to see a "psych out" where they used to be bloopers... but now they're just the cast randomly singing songs. Most of them are pretty decent singers too.

Psych is a definite rent, I have every episode recorded/saved on my BeyondTV box.

#109206  by Chris
 Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:26 pm
Tessian wrote:I love the little things... like at the end of every episode you get to see a "psych out" where they used to be bloopers... but now they're just the cast randomly singing songs. Most of them are pretty decent singers too.

Psych is a definite rent, I have every episode recorded/saved on my BeyondTV box.
no it's a buy. it's quickly becoming ne of my favorite shows on TV. I really didn't expect it to but everyone in the cast is so damn likable. even your douchebaggy detective. it's probably the best show for that you like everyone. and it also does one thing that every good detective story should do. it keeps you guessing the whole way through. putting together clues along with them until the very end. where the time you figure out the who and the why.....it's pretty much the exact same time he does as well. so you can guess all the way through....but you are never sure of it until that last clue falls into place and he is sure of it too....

pus its funny as hell

#109207  by RentCavalier
 Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:35 pm
I remember fondly back when I would watch Monk religiously.

#109210  by Tessian
 Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:53 pm
Chris Hansbrough wrote: really didn't expect it to but everyone in the cast is so damn likable. even your douchebaggy detective.
[Spencer] "At least I didn't wish for a pony at the age of 12"
[Lassy] "...didn't everyone?"

Originally he was a little douche heavy... but now he plays along and has fun too. No longer is Spencer trying to prove he's worth having around... now he's just accepted and it's more comfortable. Love it.

God damnit why is Friday so far away?

#109217  by Chris
 Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:36 pm
Tessian wrote:
Chris Hansbrough wrote: really didn't expect it to but everyone in the cast is so damn likable. even your douchebaggy detective.
[Spencer] "At least I didn't wish for a pony at the age of 12"
[Lassy] "...didn't everyone?"

Originally he was a little douche heavy... but now he plays along and has fun too. No longer is Spencer trying to prove he's worth having around... now he's just accepted and it's more comfortable. Love it.

God damnit why is Friday so far away?
well hey, at least we got eureka tonight.....whch has finaly started hitting it's stride again after the first couple episodes which were a bit lackluster.....

#109224  by SineSwiper
 Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:09 pm
I don't think anything Sci-Fi has actually made with its own studio has been worth anything. All of the exceptions have been other shows from different studios. Dune might have been the sole exception, but I'm not certain.

#109247  by Tessian
 Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:16 pm
SineSwiper wrote:I don't think anything Sci-Fi has actually made with its own studio has been worth anything. All of the exceptions have been other shows from different studios. Dune might have been the sole exception, but I'm not certain.
What about Eureka and Dresden Files? They're "Scifi Original Series" and both are currently pretty good (Dresden is the best). Isn't Stargate Atlantis (and the original Stargate for the last few seasons) also made by Scifi channel themselves?

95% of what scifi spews out is either not theirs, syndication, or total shit. The other 5% is pretty gold though.