The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Hancock.......NO!

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #123487  by Chris
 Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:37 am
serously.....that fucking blew ass.....it was like Jason Bateman surrounded by poop...it doesn't touch him but it get's al over everything else.....ugh....that fucking blew all kinds of ass

#123488  by bovine
 Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:22 am
I'm still going to see it on monday. The premise just has too much potential.

#123489  by Lox
 Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:51 am
I've heard that the beginning of the movie was cool, but then they tried to make a different movie entirely by the end and screwed it all kinds of up.

#123492  by Chris
 Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:40 pm
that was better than the movie

#123496  by Zeus
 Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:36 pm
Chris wrote:that was better than the movie
Will Smith on July 4th weekend.....did you expect a good movie?

#123497  by Chris
 Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:46 pm
Zeus wrote:
Chris wrote:that was better than the movie
Will Smith on July 4th weekend.....did you expect a good movie?
I expected a decently tolerable one...instead I got one that didn't know what it wanted to be....the start is retarded comedy, then it does generic superhero for a bit which is then followed up with it trying to be a serious drama. The only decent thing about the movie was that Bateman was fantastic. other thn that it was just bad....will was pretty good he just couldn't save a butchered script.....it was supposed ot be a little over 2 hours if you read the script for it (they cut almost the entirety of the character development which made the flick feel stilted and jumpy.) Instead it clocks in at about an hour twenty of actual screen time....

#123498  by RentCavalier
 Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:19 am
Seriously? The trailers look fantastic--seems like comedy, but with honest drama and emotion adn all that jazz. Is it really that terrible?

#123499  by Chris
 Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:19 am
RentCavalier wrote:Seriously? The trailers look fantastic--seems like comedy, but with honest drama and emotion adn all that jazz. Is it really that terrible?
yep.sort of an hour and a half superman returns....really nly 4 actions sequences and only one of them is really any good. the character shift seems really badly done and honestly...it's missing about a halfhour of development. it just didn't know what kind of movie it wanted to be

#123504  by SineSwiper
 Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:55 am
Zeus wrote:Will Smith on July 4th weekend.....did you expect a good movie?
Will Smith is a good actor. I don't understand all of the hate. Some of the reviews said that he was the only good part about the movie.

Also, what the fuck?! Dave White is no longer a reviewer?!?

#123510  by Zeus
 Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:19 pm
SineSwiper wrote:
Will Smith is a good actor. I don't understand all of the hate. Some of the reviews said that he was the only good part about the movie.

I never said he was a bad actor, but being a decent/good actor don't mean you got good movie selection.

#123513  by Chris
 Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:09 pm
Zeus wrote:
SineSwiper wrote:

I never said he was a bad actor, but being a decent/good actor don't mean you got good movie selection.
the problem is is that you can see great potential in it. it's got an interesting premise that was telegraphed to the point where I knew everything that was going to happen 5 minutes into the film.....it made baby jesus cry

#123621  by Kupek
 Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:14 pm
So... I liked it. It didn't rock my world, but it was a nice escape for a Tuesday night. I can definitely see where the movie changed directions - for a while, it could have just been a DC Elseworld's, "What if Superman was an asshole?" - but it kept me engaged and entertained.

#123682  by Ishamael
 Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:13 am
Yeah, ain't Oscar material, but it's enjoyable. I guess I can understand if you don't like the movie, but I don't really get some of the extreme hate I see on the 'Net. It almost sounds like some of these people actively vomited through 90% of the movie.

#124674  by bovine
 Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:34 pm
finally saw it and it really was pretty awful. Sorry for not heeding your warning Chris.

#124679  by kali o.
 Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:54 pm
I watched it...and liked it just fine. Don't get me wrong, I get why people would be let down - just like Office Space, Hancock felt the need to add a "plot" midway through when the original (and more interesting) premise would have been enough to carry the movie.

For what it was though, Hancock was an enjoyable film.

#124717  by Eric
 Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:10 pm
kali o. wrote:I watched it...and liked it just fine. Don't get me wrong, I get why people would be let down - just like Office Space, Hancock felt the need to add a "plot" midway through when the original (and more interesting) premise would have been enough to carry the movie.

For what it was though, Hancock was an enjoyable film.
Pretty much my feelings toward it.

Started off interesting. Then suddenly there's this ridiculous explanation about who he is and where he's come from, and his soul mate(Seriously it came out of nowhere), it just went down hill from there.