The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• On Your Mark

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #124086  by Don
 Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:23 am
So recently I've been watching old stuff, and I remember this is like the one *Anime* that I really liked. Now Miyazaki is famous and everything, but I think most of his stuff sucks. This one is probably not nearly as famous, and it's only 6 minutes, but I think it manages to present what his treehugger theme without being annoying. There are no dialogue, and arguably no story, but I think it tells a story far better than any of his other works. I can only find http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsXje_dogL0 and there's probably a higher quality version somewhere else, but then I don't think Miyazaki's style ever counted on having good animation (though it's certainly not bad).

How many of you have even seen this before?

#124104  by Zeus
 Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:21 pm
I haven't, but if it's Miyasaki, I'd be interested. Is it available at Demonoid or Mininova?

#124106  by Don
 Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:38 pm
Heck if I know, but the Youtube clip is the video in its entirety and you're not missing out much on the quality.