The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#124258  by Chris
 Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:31 pm
look a couple threads down dummy....

the hammer is my penis

#124261  by Kupek
 Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:52 pm
Hey, that's the same girl in this (which is also surprisingly funny, and hits its stride around the third episode): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grCTXGW3sxQ

#124262  by Tessian
 Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:55 pm
Oh well, that's what you get for giving a thread a stupid vague name

#124267  by Kupek
 Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:39 pm
Yeah, no kididng. I even linked to the same thing Sine did.

#124300  by RentCavalier
 Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:25 am
Wow...that ending really caught me off guard...

#124309  by Kupek
 Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:56 pm
Offguard? This is classic Whedon. Also,

#124310  by Chris
 Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:24 pm
the hammer is my penis

#124313  by RentCavalier
 Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:40 pm
Kupek wrote:Offguard? This is classic Whedon. Also,

I'm not as familiar with Whedon's work as the rest of you--I've only seen a few episodes of Firefly and Serenity.

#124315  by Tessian
 Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:50 pm
RentCavalier wrote:
I'm not as familiar with Whedon's work as the rest of you--I've only seen a few episodes of Firefly and Serenity.
Then go do yourself a favor and watch the entire season.

Ending was abrupt, but good overall.

#124346  by Blotus
 Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:48 am
I want to do great things, you know? I want to be an achiever like Bad Horse.

The Thoroughbred of Sin?

I meant Ghandi.

I've already watched these a number of times. The songs are awesome. I haven't sat through many full-length musicals, but I'd kill to see this fleshed out as such.

#124352  by SineSwiper
 Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:34 am
I hate musicals. I hated the musicals in South Park (the movie), and I hated the musicals in Family Guy. Why do they continue to do this shit? I thought the first episode was funny, but I couldn't stand to watch them break into song every 2 minutes.

#124361  by Tessian
 Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:25 am
SineSwiper wrote:I hate musicals. I hated the musicals in South Park (the movie), and I hated the musicals in Family Guy. Why do they continue to do this shit? I thought the first episode was funny, but I couldn't stand to watch them break into song every 2 minutes.
I hate musicals with a passion too, but I enjoyed this oddly enough. They were SHORT (the musical numbers) and fun to listen to; not stupid and irritating.

#124371  by Kupek
 Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:30 pm
SineSwiper wrote:I hate musicals. I hated the musicals in South Park (the movie), and I hated the musicals in Family Guy. Why do they continue to do this shit? I thought the first episode was funny, but I couldn't stand to watch them break into song every 2 minutes.
Thank you, Sine. The next time we're discussing something and we want to know you hate it, we'll call on you.

#124374  by SineSwiper
 Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:19 pm
Kupek wrote:Thank you, Sine. The next time we're discussing something and we want to know you hate it, we'll call on you.
Okay, let me understand this properly:

If in a thread, somebody says that it's great or awesome, that's okay, and perfectly acceptable. However, talking about how you dislike something is absolutely unacceptable.

Okay, ummm...no. Fuck your double standard!

#124377  by Kupek
 Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:42 pm
Call it whatever you want, but I think it's obnoxious. If the only thing you have to contribute is that you don't like something, well, then you don't really have anything to contribute.

#124378  by Chris
 Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:50 pm
Kupek wrote:Call it whatever you want, but I think it's obnoxious. If the only thing you have to contribute is that you don't like something, well, then you don't really have anything to contribute.
except he actually stated his opinion and why he didn't like it....which s productive to discussion....he's not rent or seek or me

#124389  by RentCavalier
 Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:00 am
Chris wrote:
Kupek wrote:Call it whatever you want, but I think it's obnoxious. If the only thing you have to contribute is that you don't like something, well, then you don't really have anything to contribute.
except he actually stated his opinion and why he didn't like it....which s productive to discussion....he's not rent or seek or me
Don't lump me together with Seek! I own a 360 and I'm proud! Fuck Nintendo!

To add, though, I may pick this up if it comes to DVD. A making of would be slick to watch, especially since there's the whole backdrop of the Writer's Strike involved.