The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Macross Frontier

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #125320  by Zeus
 Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:49 pm
Anyone seen it? Impressions?

If you've never heard of it but are interested:

http://a.scarywater.net/lunar/

#125337  by kent
 Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:16 am
i've been watching it, this and Code Geass have been the only anime i've been watching since i dropped Naruto and Bleach.

story starts off kind of slow but picks up pretty nicely. it has some occasional references to the previous Macross series for long time fans (which i am) but it's a perfectly good standalone series.

don't particular like the character design but the overall animation quality is good.

#125339  by Zeus
 Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:18 am
It seems to be the Jap version of the Sentinels, their idea of what happened after the defeat of the Zentradi. I've been grabbing the Lunar eps periodically but just haven't had time to check it (or S1 of Code Geass which I have as well) out.

Is it better than Macross Zero? The animation is definitely different

#125350  by kent
 Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:32 pm
Macross Zero was too short and hoky for me. i didn't like the whole spirits angle thing they had going.

it feels more like a "so what happens now" continuation of the original Macross about 50 years later.

#125387  by Imakeholesinu
 Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:53 am
Did they even finish Zero? I saw the first episode and didn't see anything afterwards. Looked like it was set in Hawaii.

#125411  by Zeus
 Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:29 pm
yeah, it was always planned as a 5 ep series