The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Star Trek sucks!

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#125474  by Tessian
 Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:09 am
SineSwiper wrote:
Star Trek is next, folks! They've already beaten it and pissed on it with Voyager and Enterprise. Now, it's going to be a Melrose Place type of college series. CAN'T WAIT!
Hey now dipshit-- Voyager was a good series! Enterprise I couldn't stand watching after 2 episodes, but don't you dare toss Voyager in the same bucket.

#125475  by SineSwiper
 Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:38 am
Tessian wrote:Hey now dipshit-- Voyager was a good series! Enterprise I couldn't stand watching after 2 episodes, but don't you dare toss Voyager in the same bucket.
...A three hour tour, a three hour tour...

Okay, fine, it's not as horrible as Enterprise, but it was the start of their slip towards oblivion. The final episode was just as shitty as the last ST movies, all action and no plot.

#125477  by Kupek
 Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:15 am
SineSwiper wrote:...A three hour tour, a three hour tour...
Pretty much.

#125478  by Julius Seeker
 Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:12 am
Voyager was actually really good, season 4 of Voyager was probably the strongest season of Star Trek in franchise history. 5, 6, and 7 were also good seasons.

I haven't really watched Enterprise so I don't have much of an opinion. The only series I didn't really like was Deep Space 9. I really tried to enjoy it, but my interest fizzled off some time during season 2 when I recently attempted to watch it. I attempted to watch later seasons, but everything just seemed to be milking one single story (war with the changelings and their dominion) and it got old very quickly. I didn't exactly want to sit through dozens of episodes focussed on the same damn thing. I guess there is only so much you can do when the show takes place on a Space Station. Still, there is no wonder why Deep Space 9 saw such a steep ratings decline.

I am REALLY pumped for the upcoming movie though.

As for the Star Wars, I didn't have a particularly high opinion of the older or newer movies. I found the last one to be fairly cool though. I feel like people view the older movies through rose coloured glasses as well, I can't see how they are better than the newer ones, they are VERY hard to sit through.

#125480  by Lox
 Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:22 am
I loved DS9 actually. I thought it really picked up once the Dominion War began. The whole Cardassian-Dominion Alliance vs. the Federation-Klingon-Vulcan, etc war was very interesting.

I thought the characters were very interesting too and even though the overall focus of the last few seasons was on the war, I thought they did a good job trying different things. Having DS9 abandoned and then re-occupied by the Cardassians led to some very cool episodes, for example.

#125487  by Julius Seeker
 Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:48 pm
Lox wrote:I loved DS9 actually. I thought it really picked up once the Dominion War began. The whole Cardassian-Dominion Alliance vs. the Federation-Klingon-Vulcan, etc war was very interesting.

I thought the characters were very interesting too and even though the overall focus of the last few seasons was on the war, I thought they did a good job trying different things. Having DS9 abandoned and then re-occupied by the Cardassians led to some very cool episodes, for example.
I actually really liked the characters in Deep Space 9; the reason why I really wanted to like the series. I guess my issue is that the Dominion War story arc didn't do anything for me; and possibly the Space Station format.

#125497  by Tessian
 Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:12 pm
Look what you did Sine-- total thread jack, way to go :P

#125504  by Chris
 Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:57 pm
Tessian wrote:Look what you did Sine-- total thread jack, way to go :P
what a fucking ass hole

#125524  by SineSwiper
 Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:07 am
Yeah, total thread jack, huh? That's why you're the first post in this split thread. Asshole :P

#125528  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:21 am
Actually, your post should be first, or you should delete the section relevant to Star Trek within it. You wrote it knowing that the topic would immediately change to Star Trek.