The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• I.O.U.S.A

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #133641  by Zeus
 Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:57 am
Breaking the rule again but this time, it's for a movie that most likely have never heard of. So I'd like to bring some attention to it.

This is a great documentary on the whole history of the current financial crisis and what the future holds. It actually doesn't focus on the events of late 2008 (I think it came out in the summer of 2008) but rather the fact that there were warnings far before that by the top accountant (Corporate General Attorney or something?) and tons of others warning that this would happen with no one really listening. There was a "wake up" tour taken in 2007 by this top accountant trying to wake people up for cryin' out loud.

The great thing about this documentary is while it's presenting its case about why things happened, they do a pretty good job of giving the audience a really good, extremely basic economic lesson. You basically need it to understand why and how this became a problem (stupid politicians not listening....but that's another argument).

I was shocked at how good it was and would highly recommend it.