The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• You guys like Fishdicks?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#134894  by Eric
 Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:57 pm
My friend and I are conflicted Kanye West fans, we love his music, but we KNOW he can be a douche at times.

He said he was going to try to mello out, and I guess he is improving a bit, cause the old Kanye would have been cursing and going clean off about this episode lol, glad to see he can take a joke now.

#134895  by bovine
 Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:59 pm
I enjoy the bravado. I think it's hilarious. Eric, what do you think of his latest album?

#134899  by Eric
 Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:45 pm
bovine wrote:I enjoy the bravado. I think it's hilarious. Eric, what do you think of his latest album?
Mixed bag, I think Graduation was and still is his best album, I can listen to it from start to end. Whereas 808s & Heartbreak had a bit too much auto-tune for my liking, though I still think it's cool that he tried to do something different.

#134907  by Mental
 Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:14 am
Wow, Kanye actually admits the ego is played out. O_o This is pivotal. I honestly feel the world shifting a bit, that could never ever have actually just happened.

I've been a fan of Kanye's music since "Diamonds from Sierra Leone" and Graduation is indeed his best stuff, the best tracks didn't even get radio play either (like "The Glory", "Champion", "I Wonder", and "Homecoming"). And you are completely right, Eric, 808's was absolutely crappy and dirty with Auto-Tune. I actually think I would have liked it if he'd had the courage to just let his natural voice be on there with all of its cracks and actual human qualities, but not the way it was. I am so damn sick of that robot I want to puke.

#134914  by RentCavalier
 Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:37 am
Kanye is good, but immensely overrated, especially by himself. If you want REAL good rap, listen to Atmosphere, Dead Prez, Nas, Murs, R.A. The Rugged Man, or Tech N9ne

#134916  by Mental
 Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:42 am
Murs is the true soul of L.A. hip hop.

Also, R.A. the Rugged Man's verse with Jedi Mind Tricks on "Uncommon Valor: A Vietnam Story" is the finest hip hop verse ever put on wax. Period. Not debatable. Anyone who disagrees can go listen to it and be blown away (and then realize that he is, indeed, telling a true story and be shocked right down to the tips of the boots of your soul).

#134925  by SineSwiper
 Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:59 am
"I want a Kotex with whipped cream!"

Heard somebody shout that in a music festival (during the day when nobody was playing yet). Then he started talking about Dr. Octagon (AKA Dr. Dooom AKA Kool Keith). Never really listened to his stuff, but I like the absurdity of that line.

Anyway, this episode was pretty funny. I like how they played around with the voice de-tuner, just to make fun of his shit with Daft Punk.

The quiff episode was really, really fucking stupid. Probably one of their worst episodes.

#134935  by Kupek
 Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:02 am
Eric wrote:Whereas 808s & Heartbreak had a bit too much auto-tune for my liking, though I still think it's cool that he tried to do something different.
I haven't heard much of his stuff, but I really like "Heartless." I think the cold, almost robotic sound works for that song. Not sure if I could listen to a whole album like that, though.

#134941  by Mental
 Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:27 pm
Regarding R.A. the Rugged Man, anyone who likes hip hop, PLEASE listen to this song. R.A.'s verse is about his father's experiences in Vietnam...it was Quotable in the Source (which is a very rare honor for anyone's lyrics) and I'm not the only one who thinks it's the best ever.

(I wish I had it in a more commonly readable format, I hope some of you have the codecs for .m4a, in other words, unprotected AAC.)

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details ... ed_Man.m4a

#134942  by Mental
 Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:28 pm
AGH. Dammit. I didn't know this site required an e-mail address. I don't think they spam, though...I'll see what I can do about getting a better download going.

#134955  by Tessian
 Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:38 pm
SineSwiper wrote:
Anyway, this episode was pretty funny. I like how they played around with the voice de-tuner, just to make fun of his shit with Daft Punk.

The quiff episode was really, really fucking stupid. Probably one of their worst episodes.
I agree. Most episodes so far this season have been priceless, but the qweef episode and the Coon episode were stupid and painful to sit through.

#134958  by Anarky
 Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:51 pm
They always have about 2 shitty episodes a season, and the rest are gold. Seems to be a strategy...

#135003  by Imakeholesinu
 Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:57 pm
RentCavalier wrote:Kanye is good, but immensely overrated, especially by himself. If you want REAL good rap, listen to Atmosphere, Dead Prez, Nas, Murs, R.A. The Rugged Man, or Tech N9ne
You forgot Felt.

#135059  by SineSwiper
 Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:58 am
Carlos responds to South Park (note the comments)

Seems like Carlos can't really make a comeback for them, so he just says it's funny. The truth hurts, doesn't it, Mencia?

#135064  by Tessian
 Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:11 am
SineSwiper wrote:Carlos responds to South Park (note the comments)

Seems like Carlos can't really make a comeback for them, so he just says it's funny. The truth hurts, doesn't it, Mencia?
Can you really count that as "responding" to the show? He didn't say anything except it was funny and watch it... guy's such a whore he'll tell everyone to watch a show calling him a hack just because he is IN the episode. No such thing as bad publicity... right?

#135066  by SineSwiper
 Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:14 am
"I just steal other people's jokes and put them in a Mexican accent. I got to steal jokes because I'm not really funny, maaan. Do you know what it's like to be a comedian that's not funny? I got no dick, maaan. I got to pee in this bag, maaan."

At least Kayne said something to the effect of "yeah, I know I got an ego problem, I'm working on that".