The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• This week's manga

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #135317  by Don
 Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:48 am
Naruto - Naruto is actually surprising decent recently, though it seems like Pain only ever says the following 3 lines:

1. I'm God.
2. Now you know what pain is.
3. Soon there will be peace.

Now it'd be nice if Naruto's fighting style is more interesting than 'when in doubt use even more clones'.

Bleach - I saw one guy made a post that the ability of the Espada is so shrouded in mystery, not even Aizen has any clue what his guys can really do. I'm guessing the author is just making this stuff as he goes along. In other news, Toshiro got owned again, but that happens every time he shows up anyway.

Eyeshield 21 - I gave them some slack last week but of course ES21 can't stop sucking for very long. It seems like the Team Japan ran the equivalent of a Suicide Blitz from NFL Blitz and Hiruma is saying 'that plan works because people totally didn't expect it!' Even if your knowledge of football is limited to playing NFL Blitz you should know that Suicide Blitzes don't work very well. The series's whole justification for any kind of strategy is just 'they totally don't expect it'. It doesn't matter how little sense any of the play they run makes, as long as the other side didn't expect it, it has to work. And by not expecting I mean like 'the other team don't expect you to Suicide Blitz' kind of expected. Of course in ES21 a perfectly valid play at your own 10 yard line with 1 minute left is run up the middle for 3 yards, because nobody would expect you to do something like that!

By the way, Shin's Trident Tackle reminds me of Undertaker's choking move from wrestling. I don't really see how you can play football with moves that looks like you're trying to choke somebody to death. I'm thinking there must be some rule against trying to choke the enemy to death in football. Seems to me if you actually have Shin's power in real life, his tackle would never work because there must be some rules against tackling someone in a way so that they cannot breath.