The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Alice in Wonderland

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #145017  by SineSwiper
 Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:34 pm
Watch it last night. Pretty good, though it went into predictable directions. It seemed rather short, but I realized that it was two hours.

Saw it on 3D, because that's all the rage now. I have to say that, again, I don't like this 3D shit. It's a fancy novelty when you see it for the first ten minutes, but afterwords, you just get annoyed with it. For one, you have to work to focus on different elements. In 2D, I was used to seeing everything in my view. Now, I have these different parts that work to focus on, and with fast moving scenes, I feel like I'm not watching the whole movie. Also, it's still a bit annoying on the eyes. I took off my glasses a few times for a minute or two just to give my eyes a rest.

Not sure if there's a difference between IMAX 3D and Real3D, but we had the latter, since the IMAX movie was already packed.
 #145090  by Tessian
 Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:28 pm
Are you complaining that you already knew what was going to happen in the movie? lol

I watched Avatar in IMAX 3D. It was very impressive but then again I'm not sure how much of it was because of the 3D and not just IMAX and the movie anyway. I don't care for it either, the fact that 3D TV's are coming out soon turns my stomach.
 #145094  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:15 am
Depends on the price really. I would be fairly interested in a 3D TV. The thing is the resolution would have to be higher in order to support video at current HD definitions - this could jack up the price.

I was going to see it, but I have heard from several that Johnny Depp's character swallows and kills it.
 #145098  by SineSwiper
 Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:27 am
Actually, The Mad Hatter is quite good as a character. I also like the rabbit that throws things.