The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• iN Treatment

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #149312  by Imakeholesinu
 Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:55 pm
Anyone watch this? The previews for this season looked pretty good so I downloaded the first season to see what it was all about.
 #149318  by Shrinweck
 Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:44 pm
This is probably the best thing being produced on television right now. It's amazing that it's still getting renewed because I think it gets fairly low ratings. I think it's because it's dirt cheap to make. When it was first aired it was on every week day, aligning with the patient he's seeing that day. Very cool stuff.
 #149322  by SineSwiper
 Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:11 pm
Huh? What's this?
 #149329  by Imakeholesinu
 Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:10 am
Yeah, the first season is like 43 episodes. I doubt if I'll ever catch up in time for the season premier.

Sine, it is an HBO show basically about people in Therapy. Gabriel Bryne is the doctor. It has done 120 episodes from 2008 to 2010.
 #149340  by Shrinweck
 Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:01 am
I haven't met that many people who have seen it. The show basically only takes place in his office. It airs very quickly since they air five episodes a week and if you don't see them in order you're missing out on a lot. A whole lot. I think the second season they would air 2-3 episodes twice a week. Expecting people to tune in the same time every week day was fairly unrealistic even if the reasoning is pretty nifty.
 #149456  by Imakeholesinu
 Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:43 pm
So I just watched the first 4 episodes of the first season and am completely blown away.
 #149583  by Shrinweck
 Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:57 am
Season three just started over the last two days - they've changed the format to four shows a week: three patients and then his visit to a therapist. The show is just as beautiful as it ever was. I think this is the first season where they're coming up with original material as the first two seasons were a translated and naturalized versions of one done in Israel in Hebrew called Be'Tipul, I believe.
 #149592  by Imakeholesinu
 Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:56 pm
I just finished up to episode 11 of season 1. It is amazing to me how this show has such a rich dialogue and great acting. It is almost like watching a stage play. I like that feeling.
 #150237  by Shrinweck
 Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:22 pm
Season three has a stand out case once again and for once for me it isn't the youngest case. Loving the complications in Sunil's difficulties acclimating to life in the United States. Still nothing tops the Wednesday session in season one.
 #150245  by Imakeholesinu
 Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:33 am
Yeah...that one is pretty...umm...difficult to get through. I'm close to half way done right now with season 1. I love this show, just wish I could find more time for it!