The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Kuroko's Basket Extra Game

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #164496  by Don
 Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:00 am
So Japan's quest of coming up with the dumbest sports manga continues. Now, to be fair, this has a long way to go to match the comedic value of New Prince of Tennis, but I find this manga along with Eyeshield 21 to be noteworthy because they're one of the few sports manga that seriously offends me because it's just so bad and not even funny. NPOT is horrendously bad but it's at least funny. After the events in Kuroko's Basket that involves guys who can shoot lightning bolts and make shots from across the court 100% of the time in the Japanese High School play, predictably enough some street basketball team of the good old US of A showed up. Also predictably enough the USA team owned everyone easily because they're from USA. After winning the game, the captain of the USA teams says inferior humans that play basketball in Japan should either quit now or die. Now, I don't mind if they want to make USA the big bad, but you can't threaten to kill someone without actually doing it if you want to have a shot at something funny. Even Captain Tsubasa allegedly had characters killed by a soccer ball in some flashback that no one ever saw, including when Jesus saw that a soccer ball was going to kill a random kid on the street so he had to kick a soccer ball to knock away the ball to prevent the tragedy.

What should have happened is after the game the USA guy should dunk on someone and make their head explode, and the captain should say he brings the words of EMPEROR OBAMA and that Japan barely escaped from certain annihilation after Eyeshield 21 where the Japanese High School team almost beat team USA, only to find that mercy was the wrong choice as now we have Kuroko's Basket that dared to suggest WNBA is a legitmate league (one of the guy learned his crazy dunks from a WNBA player, and at first I thought this was a joke because WNBA players can barely dunk but it turned out that was serious) and now they're going to start a massacre and that if no Japanese team can beat them in basketball then an NBA team will show up to destroy the nation.

Speaking of which, I went back and looked at ES21, and I can sort of get all the crazy impossible physics or that people are just randomly choking each other to death out there, but to suggest someone who can barely throw 20 yards (Karin) is supposed to be a top quarterback should be considered a declaration of war. For that matter, the fact that Hiruma is any good as a QB is equally stupid since he has a pretty lousy arm. I guess he's supposed ot be smart, but Tim Tebow can run pretty fast and has God on his side and it's still not enough when your arm sucks. Okay so Hiruma says he has Devil on his side, but apparently the Devil forgot to give him a good arm.