The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Darwin Game is still awesome

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #164758  by Don
 Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:35 pm
Proving to the world that the Japanese actually play MMORPGs. Kaname got kidnapped by Liu Xue Lan, the #1 player in Darwin Game, and when his harem, err, guildies, called for help, it's like:

A: "Liu Xue Lan just kidnapped our fearless leader!"
Shuka: "Isn't Liu Xue Lan a raid boss?"

It captures the whole 'man or myth?' you'd expect in a MMORPG game. Rain's inquiry on the guild name is pretty funny too:

Rain: "Why did we settle on 'Crows of Dusk' as our guild name?"
Shuka: "Crows are cute."
A: "Crows are cool."
B: "I like crows."

Which is probably a more sophiscated discussion on the origin of guild names compared to most real guild names, and Rain's 'I'm sorry I even asked' look was awesome too.

After last month when Liu Xue Lan said she came to 'taketh thy body', it turned out that was surprising true because she wanted Kaname to have her babies because that's the one thing she can't do by herself. After all, you can't have something that claims to be representative of an online game with some kind of cyber, though since this is a game played in the real world, I suppose the players take a more proactive stance. I'm not really sure if the story is trying to be serious or funny. Maybe it's trying to be both. Well, the players do take this 'real life MMORPG' pretty seriously because people die and stuff, but the underyling MMORPG structure is pretty funny. You can see like when they buy say grenades you get a discount for buying 5 at a time from the store (best value! Free extra grenade!) like you'd expect from a cash shop.