The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Holy Fuck, Spider-man joins the MCU!!!!

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #164873  by Shrinweck
 Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:09 pm
This is great news. You literally cannot make a movie of the Civil War event without Spider-Man. He had the best written story during the event and without him it's basically just a story about Captain America and Iron Man getting angry at each other and throwing a fit.
 #164875  by Zeus
 Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:11 pm
Sony's still involved, don't get your panties all wet over this
 #164877  by Eric
 Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:31 pm
Zeus wrote:Sony's still involved, don't get your panties all wet over this
Sony's "involved" to the extent that they just have to ok the script, probably to avoid Marvel making Spider-man like a communist, or wear an X-box one shirt, or other such nonsense. If he's joining the MCU, Marvel has creative control. Sony still holds the distribution rights so they have to say that, but they're gonna let Marvel do whatever the f they want.
 #164887  by Zeus
 Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:37 pm
Eric wrote:
Zeus wrote:Sony's still involved, don't get your panties all wet over this
Sony's "involved" to the extent that they just have to ok the script, probably to avoid Marvel making Spider-man like a communist, or wear an X-box one shirt, or other such nonsense. If he's joining the MCU, Marvel has creative control. Sony still holds the distribution rights so they have to say that, but they're gonna let Marvel do whatever the f they want.
Feige is producing and Marvel can use him in their movies....that's it. And considering Marvel's spotty history with their Iron Man sequels (i.e. those designed to just make money) and Sony's triumvirate of Spidey Movie Fecal Matter, I ain't resting easy 'til I see the finished product.