The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Had a Weebo moment

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #167188  by Eric
 Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:06 am
Thought I'd share. :P Just intros I really like, regardless of whether or not I ended up watching the anime or not.

#167189  by Shrinweck
 Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:22 pm
New Youtube laws from a month or so ago rekt basically everything I wanted to post :D
 #167224  by Shrinweck
 Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:28 pm
Somewhat on topic there are these vocalists that lend their voices to these software companies and they basically get turned into instruments called Vocaloids. This is some pretty geeky shit but I've been exposed to some of this lately and I really like some of it.

Miku does what's probably my favorite song right now. Her voice is mostly used for happy pop music but it also goes well with spooky and sad stuff. She's probably the most popular Vocaloid, but this is the only song that's just her that I really like. There are a lot of theories about what this song (or even the animation in the promotional video below) is about but I favor the idea that it's about failing a lot and trying again.

GUMI is my favorite Vocaloid in general. She's mostly used for metal songs or grungier rock. This song is more literal than a lot of Vocaloid songs and tells the story of a schoolgirl who finds a cellphone app that makes clones of herself so that the clones can do all the lame shit while she gets to go off and have fun. In any case, the clones are better at her at her life then she is and she eventually finds herself confused as to whether she was even the original.

This is another GUMI song and it's actually in English. This was the first popular (in Japan) Vocaloid song by an American and it's nearing five million Youtube views which is pretty awesome.

Another GUMI song cause why not

Here's another GUMI song that she does with a minor part by another Vocaloid named Rin. This song is kind of hilarious because it masquerades as a wubby dance club song but basically the entire thing is about oral sex.

Rin is probably somewhere in between Miku and GUMI and is used for a lot of the same things they'd be used for. She's probably my second favorite but I'm blanking on good songs with her that aren't metal so here:

#167233  by Eric
 Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:35 pm
You had a moment too I see, well played. :^)
 #167241  by Shrinweck
 Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:57 pm
When I'm on Twitch I mostly like to watch people play games that I like to watch more than I like to play... or are on systems that I have no intention of owning. In any case, a couple people I watch a lot play a PSP/PS3/PS4 game series called Hatsune Miku: Project Diva which is a rhythm game focused around Vocaloid music. It's a good game to have on Twitch in my second monitor while I'm doing something else since intently watching someone play a rhythm game for more than 5 -10 minutes is basically as interesting as watching paint dry. A bunch of the songs do have pretty cool promotional videos that are set to the music, though... but still those can only be so interesting lol

Edit: I wasn't going to post more but here have another GUMI song with Teto who I know nothing about but she has red hair so fuck it. This song is about dessert!