The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Good question I took off a wrestling board...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #43683  by Ishamael
 Tue Apr 17, 2001 5:34 am
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt "Comic Sans MS", Modern; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>Who do you think is the most underrated or underutilized talent in the WWF?
I saw this quesiton on a site BL recommended (Lords of Pain) and thought it was a good question. Eh, I need to get to sleep now... ;)</div>
 #43688  by Crono
 Tue Apr 17, 2001 7:16 am
<div style='font: 12pt Arial, Modern; text-align: left; '>William Regal has a shitload of technical ability, he even showed it in his first few weeks of return. But instead of using that as a gimmick, they put him as the snotty English heel character. I mean, it works... don't gemme wrong, I'm just sayin... underutilized.

And from what I remember, Taka seemed to have a wealth of talent. Using him in the "always lose, very quickly" sorta setup... not fair.</div>

#43692  by El Kabong
 Tue Apr 17, 2001 11:08 am
<div style='font: 12pt Arial, Modern; text-align: left; '>Terri Runnels... hehehe... actually I think it's Prince Albert. That guy just needs a good angle and a better gimmick. He could be awesome.</div>
 #43704  by Ishamael
 Tue Apr 17, 2001 2:00 pm
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt "Comic Sans MS", Modern; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>A lot of these guys would be maineventers easily in many indie promotions, but in the WWF they get lost in the shuffle. I see a lot of the underutilized talent going to the WCW.

As far as who I think is underutilized, here's my list:

Kane -- guy is freakin' awesome with great gimmick, but is used to job way to much.

Test -- Great style and attitude, but they need to work on his gimmick more.

Albert -- see Test

D-LO Brown - See Test and Albert

Benoit -- Incredible wrestler. If they can give Kurt Angle a title shot, they can give this guy one. Probably what hurts Benoit the most is his somewhat lacking mic skills. They aren't bad really, they just aren't on Angle's level IMO.

Jericho -- Why this guy hasn't been main-evented yet, I'll never know.

Well, that's all I can think of for now. I know there's more...</div>
 #43717  by El Kabong
 Tue Apr 17, 2001 3:40 pm
<div style='font: 12pt Arial, Modern; text-align: left; '>I think we're going to see a balancing out between the WCW and the WWF... it's going to suck because I already spend too much time watching the WWF, now I'm going to have to watch both! damn!</div>
 #43721  by Blotus
 Tue Apr 17, 2001 3:44 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "arial narrow", Modern; text-align: left; padding: 0% 5% 0% 5%; '>...(underutilized, that is)

I think Yoshihiro Tajiri and Jerry Lynn could both be pretty big, and are both signed, but the WWF hasn't really done anything with them yet.

Lance Storm... I'm hoping they sign him, 'cause it's not like they don't have the opportunity. One of the best wrestlers around today.

Rob Van Dam... same deal as Storm, only he IS the best wrestler around today.

As for people who are in the WWF right now...

I think Justin Credible, if teamed with the right people *cough*LANCESTORM*cough*, could be good... I mean... what the FUCK is X-Factor?Crap! And what's with that music? It starts off like something you'd hear on Saved By the Bell.

And to round out my ECW-whoreness, Rhyno. Rhyno could be HUGE. He's big, fast, hardcore, and is flexable to working with other people's styles. And unlike Kane, he actually talks without sounding like a compete retard.

Benoit and Jericho I believe are both getting a fine push as it is. With the Rock out for a few months, these guys will be two of the top faces, so it's not like they're NOT going to get some shots.

Essa Rios is a terrific wrestler, but I doubt he could ever make it past the European/IC level. The fact that he speaks VERY little english is why they haven't pushed him in the past.

Kane is a good wrestler, and the character works for him, but I don't think he could ever be the champ. A champion has GOT to be able to speak (as I mentioned before) without sounding like a retard... and Kane can't do this yet as far as I'm concerned.

Eddy Guerrero has proven that he can compete physically in the WWF, and the fans seemed to dig his Latino Heat thing. I don't think he'd ever be anything more than IC level, but should never be anything less.

I'm sure I could think of others... but that's it for now.</div>

#43722  by Blotus
 Tue Apr 17, 2001 3:45 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "arial narrow", Modern; text-align: left; padding: 0% 5% 0% 5%; '>Way too much talent. They're in the same boat WCW was around 97-98.</div>

#43723  by Blotus
 Tue Apr 17, 2001 3:46 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "arial narrow", Modern; text-align: left; padding: 0% 5% 0% 5%; '>Oh yeah, Raven too... if he could sharpen up his moves to what they were 2-3 years ago.</div>

#43728  by Ishamael
 Tue Apr 17, 2001 6:23 pm
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt "Comic Sans MS", Modern; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>I forgot about Raven too. He used to be my fave wrestler in WCW's heyday before he got messed up on steroids. They need to give him way more mic time in WWF. I LOVE his speeches....</div>
 #43729  by Ishamael
 Tue Apr 17, 2001 6:32 pm
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt "Comic Sans MS", Modern; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>I hear ya on Xfactor. X-factor sucks on so many levels, I don't even know where to begin. Ok, lets start with the basics -- their theme music sucks. They changed it and it still sucks. And those 3 guys have NO chemistry together. They should kill this alliance before it kills these guys' careers.

I'm not sold on Rhyno quite yet. I mean, as far as I can tell, this guy's only claim to fame is the Gore. That's cool and all, but he needs more stuff to do, be it mic time, more moves, better pushes, etc. I like his alliance with Edge and Christian though. They just need to do more with it.

Yes, the departure of The Rock will really help Jericho and Benoit. heh, sounds funny referring to Benoit as a face, but I like him as a good guy for a change.

Essa Rios is an incredible wrestler, as you said. And I agree, his lack of English-speaking skills will always keep him down, unless they can find a good gimmick to turn the weakness into a strength.

Wasn't Kane once they WWF champion many, MANY moons ago? I think he was if I'm not mistaken. Kane doesn't speak, but he does everything else so right that it doesn't matter. He deserves a title shot IMO.

Yeah, Eddie is strictly European and Intercontinental Championship material. Definitely not top carder. His gimmick so solid, but not top card stuff.</div>

#43730  by Ishamael
 Tue Apr 17, 2001 6:33 pm
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt "Comic Sans MS", Modern; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>Yeah, Jericho got a "push", but it was a fake push. Everyone knew he didn't have a reasonable shot at the title, unlike with Angle when you knew he could very well end up with the championship.</div>

#43738  by Zeus
 Tue Apr 17, 2001 10:21 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "Arial bold", Modern; text-align: left; '>Albert. That guy can really wrestle, but his character sucks large amounts of donkey cock</div>

#43740  by Blotus
 Tue Apr 17, 2001 10:52 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "arial narrow", Modern; text-align: left; padding: 0% 5% 0% 5%; '>Kane deserves title shots and everything, but I don't think anybody could get behind him as a champ.</div>

#43741  by Blotus
 Tue Apr 17, 2001 10:52 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "arial narrow", Modern; text-align: left; padding: 0% 5% 0% 5%; '>I never heard about him going on the juice... if so, it didn't really help his physique at all.</div>

#43743  by Ishamael
 Wed Apr 18, 2001 12:13 am
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt "Comic Sans MS", Modern; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>Yep, one of the CO newspapers has this special Wrestling section they run periodically and Raven admitted to being on 'roids. It really fucked him up and he had to sit out a while...</div>

#43744  by Ishamael
 Wed Apr 18, 2001 12:14 am
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt "Comic Sans MS", Modern; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>I could for a while...</div>

#43766  by Blotus
 Wed Apr 18, 2001 1:48 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "arial narrow", Modern; text-align: left; padding: 0% 5% 0% 5%; '>But his grunting as the only form of communication would get old real fast.</div>

#43775  by Ishamael
 Wed Apr 18, 2001 2:28 pm
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt "Comic Sans MS", Modern; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>Kane talks (sorta) now. You can pretty much understand what he's saying...for the most part....</div>

#43777  by Blotus
 Wed Apr 18, 2001 2:43 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "arial narrow", Modern; text-align: left; padding: 0% 5% 0% 5%; '>Nevertheless, he sounds like a retard. Deny it and you're denying THE TRUTH!</div>

#43778  by Ishamael
 Wed Apr 18, 2001 2:59 pm
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt "Comic Sans MS", Modern; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>yes, yes, YES! Kane sounds like a big retard! Are you happy now? huh? I SAID ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!</div>

#43784  by Blotus
 Wed Apr 18, 2001 4:20 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "arial narrow", Modern; text-align: left; padding: 0% 5% 0% 5%; '>Well... I would be. If your opinion counted for anything, that is.</div>