The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Oh yeah, almost forgot.  Bought "Princess Monoke" and "Meet the Parents" DVDs...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #43966  by Ishamael
 Tue Apr 24, 2001 2:28 am
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt "Comic Sans MS", Modern; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '><h1>Princes Monoke -</h1>

Pretty cool film. I still like Macross Plus better, but this was still nice nonetheless. It does qualify in the "All That" category, but it's solid and worth the purchase. As with many of the anime I've seen, there seem to be glaring plot points that send my head spinning like how the heck can a little iron bullet kill a boar the size of the Empire State Building. And what the hell was up with those demons? Were the bullets that hit these animals possessed or something? They were like reverse werewolves. Get shot by the bullet, then turn into monsters. Oh well, still a cool flick.

<h1>Meet the Parents</h1>
Pretty damned funny film. Worth the price of admission for the Gaylord Fokker jokes alone. :) "So you mean your name is Gay Fokker?"
I thought I would shit my pants when Ben Stiller spiked that ball in that chick's face in the water polo scene. "Look what you've done, Fokker!"</div>