The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• New Econoline Crush album, Brand New History, is now out....

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #45074  by Gilder
 Thu May 31, 2001 12:05 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>I guess The Devil You know was released about 4 years back, so it's been a while since they released an album.

Anyways, the album is definetly not dark like their previous one, however, it is heavier for the most part than The Devil You Know. It sounds a lot like something The Smashing Pumpkins would release if Eddie Vedder wrote the lyrics.

So far, I'd say the tracks I like the most are: Here and There, Sinking, and By The Riverside. The current single out is Make it Right which is an OK song in my opinion, but I don't understand why they used that one as the headlining song of the album.

The casing they used is the same as the one The Tea Party used for their collection album. It also comes with a bonus Track, You Don't Know what it's like, Which was released about a year and a half ago, it's an alright song.

Overall, it really depends on your taste in music, but personally, I'd say this is their best album to date. Despight the comparissons I've made, it's still a fairly unique album in a lot of ways, and definetly up to date with current music trends. If you like the Pumpkins, you'll like this album. I think it's US release is within the next couple of weeks</div>

#45077  by Eric
 Thu May 31, 2001 12:11 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>*Attention Seeker* If you still have ICQ, turn that sonbitch on. :P</div>

#45087  by S.Cody2
 Thu May 31, 2001 8:20 am
<div style='font: 11pt "Copperplate Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Hmm, I thought 'You Don't Know' was from The Devil You Know. Was that really 4 years ago?</div>

#45088  by Gentz
 Thu May 31, 2001 1:24 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Heh heh. Canadian wuss-rock</div>

#45089  by SineSwiper
 Thu May 31, 2001 2:18 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Like our bands are much better?</div>

#45093  by ManaMan
 Thu May 31, 2001 4:04 pm
<div style='font: 12pt Helvetica; text-align: left; '>Wusscore.</div>

#45098  by S.Cody2
 Thu May 31, 2001 10:35 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "Copperplate Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Nah, it's not wuss rock. I don't like it very much, though.</div>

#45100  by Gentz
 Fri Jun 01, 2001 11:23 am
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Actually, I like a lot of those Canadian bands, I just like calling it wuss-rock : )</div>