The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Anyone catch the finale of Xena? I thought it was very well done, and not horribly rushed into completion like...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #45241  by Crono
 Sun Jun 24, 2001 3:27 am
<div style='font: 12pt Arial; text-align: left; '>...like with Hercules' finale. You could tell that Hercules was forced into retirement mid-season or whatever, and didn't have time to really make a finale that summed everything up. And in Xena, at least, they sorta summed each part up slowly over the last two seasons. Dead Greek gods, resolution of the love/war thing, and in the finale... Xena is finally gone and passes on the torch to Gabrielle (who will be the new hero, and I guess maybe find a protege of her own one day). And yeah, she's GONE as in no revival. There's a reason why she can't be revived, too, so it's not the usual Hercules sort of death where they always get revived.

Ah well, I doubt they'd give a series to Gabrielle, even though I know it'd be highly rated (and giving it a name would be tough, cause, it'd hafta be something cooler that "Gabby" heh). Maybe her and Aeolus should get their own show, called "Sidekicks" (whoops, he's not alive, argh). Oh well, it seems that a series which occupied basically all of the 1990's is over. That world which began with the original Hercules movies and ended with Xena... may truly be over for good.</div>

#45243  by Oracle
 Sun Jun 24, 2001 3:55 am
<div style='font: bold 12pt "Comic Sans MS"; text-align: left; '>whew, Finally :)</div>

#45244  by S.Cody2
 Sun Jun 24, 2001 10:07 am
<div style='font: 14pt Plakatbau; text-align: left; '>I wanted to see that. However, Xena fell into timeslot oblivion long ago. Blah.</div>

#45248  by Blotus
 Sun Jun 24, 2001 12:49 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "arial narrow"; text-align: left; padding: 0% 5% 0% 5%; '>I have no idea when the new ones even come on here... only get to see re-runs on Space.</div>

#45280  by Eric
 Mon Jun 25, 2001 6:29 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Yeah the Hercules Finale sucked, Sorbo was asking for more cash.</div>

#45301  by Crono
 Tue Jun 26, 2001 12:56 am
<div style='font: 12pt Arial; text-align: left; '>That's why they axed the show in mid-season? Blah. They coulda spared a couple extra million to finish the season properly, damnit ;-)</div>