The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (and Spiderman teaser) *very minor plot leak*

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #45599  by Tessian
 Thu Jul 12, 2001 2:55 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>Just got back from seeing it, and Damn! Even though I got in for free, it's worth the price of admission just to See the movie. I don't care if you don't like the plot, the characters, or even Final Fantasy games.. you got to at least SEE this movie!
Visual effects were stunning! The lighting and detail and movements were simply.. delicious. The character's body language was a tiny bit awkward at times, but it's the closest I've ever seen. SFX was nearly as great (especially if you see it in a theatre with Digital Surround Sound and the like).
Now,, the plot. The plot was like any Final Fantasy game.. it delt with souls and life energy. FF7 called it Mako, and this is essentially the same thing except it moves and it's called Gaia. I'll try not to leak any spoiler.. but I may. The story picks up at a point after the meteor hit the earth and the phantoms came. Humanity lives in contained, shielded "barrier" cities around the world. A scientist believes he has the key to ridding of the phantoms peacefully, but has little in proof and there are Major politics involved in this. Plus, humans have built some huge ass orbital cannon they believe will destroy the phantom's origin and one guy is just itching to use it. You'll enjoy the story if you like Final Fantasy game stories.

I won't leak anything about the ending,, only to say that it could have been explained a Lot more and better.. and I would have liked to see some of the aftermath instead of it just ending,, it was a sollum ending; both happy and sad. I Recommend you ALL see it!

Alright; now someone requested info on the Spiderman teaser. There eS a trailer of it I saw, and it actually shows footage. It starts off with a bank robbery. Guys bust in with guns, gas masks, and high tech equipment. They are Very organized. Bust the safe, get the cash, hoist it to the roof, and get away in a helicopter waiting for them. They're all having a good time gloating about it while flying away inbetween tall buildings. All of a sudden, the helicopter is Jerked back. It flops back and forth a bit.. and stops with it's nose pointing down, hung in the air. You zoom out to see that they are caught in a HUGE ass web strung between the twin towers (I think). The helicopter's blades even twitch a little, giving it the personification of a fly stuck in a web. You then change angles to the side of a building where you see the face of non other then.. Spiderman. He shoots off and does what he's known best for; slinging from building to building around the city. Great teaser, I wanna see it now! :) Damn Summer 2002</div>

#45601  by Crono
 Thu Jul 12, 2001 11:28 pm
<div style='font: 12pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Well yah, it is quite a landmark movie. And since I've not even seen a movie (in theaters) for at least a year... I won't complain if the plot isn't the best.</div>

#45602  by Red Eye
 Fri Jul 13, 2001 2:06 am
<div style='font: 14pt Draconwick; text-align: left; '>All the previews were awesome!</div>

#45603  by S.Cody2
 Fri Jul 13, 2001 9:59 am
<div style='font: 14pt Plakatbau; text-align: left; '>The plot is actually most similar to FF9.</div>