The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Irony in Planet of the Apes.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #46081  by G-man Joe
 Tue Jul 31, 2001 9:19 am
<div style='font: 11pt "comic sans MS"; text-align: left; '>In the original, Charton Heston is captured by the apes just when his throat had healed. And his first words to the apes "Get your paws off of me you damn dirty apes!" And then he's punched in the face.

In the new movie, Mark Wahlberg is on the ground and accidentally grabs an ape's ankle. The ape says "Get your hands off of me you damn dirty human!" And kicks him in the face.

The new version also has Charlton Heston in a cameo role....as an ape. And he tells his son, the general, about the evil weapon humans can create with their hands......a gun.

In real life, Charton Heston is the president of the National Rifle Association. =8^)</div>

#46082  by Blotus
 Tue Jul 31, 2001 9:38 am
<div style='font: 10pt "arial narrow"; text-align: left; padding: 0% 5% 0% 5%; '>There were a couple other lines taken from the original, but I can't recall 'em right now.</div>

#46083  by Kupek
 Tue Jul 31, 2001 9:44 am
<div style='font: 10pt Verdana, Tahoma; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>I noticed both. I knew Heston made a cameo, so I was looking for him.</div>

#46140  by Tessian
 Wed Aug 01, 2001 10:05 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>LoL, yeah.. I noticed him.. but I didn't put two and two together :)</div>

#46149  by Torgo
 Thu Aug 02, 2001 4:55 am
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Heston's character says "Damn them all to hell!"</div>

#46153  by Crono
 Thu Aug 02, 2001 5:36 am
<div style='font: 12pt Arial; text-align: left; '>That gun line was a VERY deep joke... and quite funny.</div>

#46165  by Gentz
 Thu Aug 02, 2001 11:25 am
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Heh. Dammit. I forgot that Heston was supposed to be in there. That's great</div>