The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• A great eppy of I-Man and a freaking unbelieveable episode of Farscape...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #46215  by Tortolia
 Fri Aug 03, 2001 10:13 pm
<div style='font: 9pt arial; text-align: left; '>Claudia Black's done some great acting these last few weeks. What a great show.</div>

#46217  by Tessian
 Sat Aug 04, 2001 1:35 am
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>I was working and missed them both!!! :( Anyone know when/if they rerun them during the week?</div>

#46218  by Eric
 Sat Aug 04, 2001 1:55 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>You will never see them again! Mhahahaha!</div>
 #46239  by EsquE
 Mon Aug 06, 2001 1:21 am
<div style='font: 12pt Baskerville; text-align: left; '>...<i>and I totally agree that Claudia has been quite incredible lately, and this particular branch of the series between the two Crichton's has been vastly superior to the other one. I was wondering how that was going to be resolved with the 2 Crichtons, and I was pretty sure one of them would have to bite it, but it still blew me away at how unfair it all was...all his problems were solved and it was all for naught...the other Crichton still has the knowledge locked away, still has scorpy in his head and will now be competing with a dead man for the woman he loves with the dead man being himself...damn, that's pretty evil shit...the writers of the show really know how to bring ya down. I can't wait to see how they'll handle the reunion with the other Crichton. I especially can't wait 'til the whole crew is back together because the other storylines really aren't doing it for me.

As for the invisble man, I've been trying to get into it but I never seem to be able to find the time. The few episodes I've seen (the one where his brother comes back in his mind and the one where they introduce that new female agent) have been pretty cool and I really dig the character. I just can't squeeze it in. I even tape it every week along with Lexx and Farscape but I can't get to it...I need to stop taping it after Farscape and Lexx (I like having Farscape first on the tape). I want to get into Lexx too, but I've only watched one of the episodes I taped...it was decent (the girl in it is gorgeous) but I've never had the desire to keep watching it. Maybe when winter rolls along I'll be able to catch up. I've also caught a few episodes of The Chronicle...not a bad premise, good characters and actors, and the female lead is amazing looking, but I'm not all that impressed with it. Kind of an X-Files light...the writing is probably the weakest aspect of it, and that's hard to overcome...

I'm so glad I finally have the sci-fi channel...</i></div>

#46262  by SineSwiper
 Mon Aug 06, 2001 8:17 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Fucking missed the first part of that thing, though.</div>
 #46269  by SineSwiper
 Mon Aug 06, 2001 9:08 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>I really can't get into that show. What the hell is the point? What's the plot? The only reason I'd watch is to see that sex slave.

As far as Farscape, I'm sure Claudia will hit it off with the other Crichton soon enough. I'm sitting there and waiting for the dying guy to hint at it (or make a joke like "At least you got me somewhere else"), but it never happened. Oh well.

BTW, who's the chick? Image? What comic? They seem to be overdoing it on the tits nowadays.</div>
 #46282  by EsquE
 Tue Aug 07, 2001 12:08 am
<div style='font: 12pt Baskerville; text-align: left; '>...<i>having only see the 1 episode, which is apparently at the beginning of the second season, I don't know a whole lot. Basically there are, or were, 2 dimensions of dark and light. Ours is the dark one where evil exists, and the light one was destroyed. The Lexx (big ass ship that can destroy planets) and it's crew are the only survivors from the light dimension. Who they are, what they want and why (maybe looking for a home...the one guy said he was looking for a planet where the sex slave would be able to satisfy many men or something) is beyond me from just seeing the 1 episode.

...I thought the other Crichton would get mentioned too, but I think it's better that he wasn't. It might've effected the mood in a silly way.

...the sig pic chick is Red Monika from the Battle Chasers series. It's from Cliffhanger comics, an offshoot of image and created and drawn by Joe Madureira. I totally dig his art, and yes they are exaggerated but the whole series is exaggerated. It's a fantasy, adventure, treasure hunter type series and it's really really cool. Would make a great videogame...</i></div>

#46286  by Blotus
 Tue Aug 07, 2001 9:55 am
<div style='font: 10pt "arial narrow"; text-align: left; padding: 0% 5% 0% 5%; '>Lexx is pretty dumb, but the chick who plays Xev is one hot so-and-so.</div>

#46299  by SineSwiper
 Tue Aug 07, 2001 10:21 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>This is like when ST:V hired Seven just to get higher ratings.</div>