The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• "You look like rain..."

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #46808  by Imakeholesinu
 Mon Sep 03, 2001 1:47 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>For all you DMB fans out there, I give you 'Morphine'. I got this album from a friend of mine before I left for college and I have to say, these guys kick Dave's ass. Don't get me wrong, Dave is still awesome and all, but still, these guys totally own. Wait a sec, I'm turning more and more into my dad, listening to jazz music to much, my god, what the fuck! AHHHH What's next? Bela Flec? FUCK! NEED MORE TECHNO!

But seriously, Morphine is a great band, unfortunatly I think the lead singer is dead so we won't see anymore from them. It doesn't matter which album you pick up, they are all wonderful I'm told.

If I reposted this, my bad.</div>
 #46815  by Stephen
 Tue Sep 04, 2001 1:21 am
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>I know, I know. "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything." But, I mean, gawd! "You look like rain." That's classic.</div>

#46816  by Imakeholesinu
 Tue Sep 04, 2001 10:31 am
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Hehe....</div>

#46819  by Gentz
 Tue Sep 04, 2001 7:58 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>It's called imagery, Stephen.</div>

#46821  by Imakeholesinu
 Tue Sep 04, 2001 8:39 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>He was being sarcastic, Gentz.</div>

#46824  by Gentz
 Tue Sep 04, 2001 11:51 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Um, in what sense? Is he actually a Morphine fan?</div>

#46827  by Stephen
 Wed Sep 05, 2001 1:01 am
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>So? You can find imagery in almost any simile. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, though. Does "You smell like a sun beam" indicate olfactory imagery?</div>

#46828  by Gentz
 Wed Sep 05, 2001 1:47 am
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Not necessarily, but that doesn't mean that "you look like rain" is meaningless...you're just taking it out of context is all.</div>

#46833  by S.Cody2
 Wed Sep 05, 2001 7:50 am
<div style='font: 14pt Plakatbau; text-align: left; '>YOU ARE NOT FEELING THE MYSTICAL, SIBLEY.</div>
 #46835  by Imakeholesinu
 Wed Sep 05, 2001 9:00 am
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>He was just commenting on the fact that the lyrics really don't make any sense. I don't think it was downplaying any of the work they do, he was just being a bit sarcastic with his comment, which I took as being a bit funny because it actually is.</div>

#46839  by Gentz
 Wed Sep 05, 2001 1:02 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>I think he was serious when he said that "you look like rain" is meaningless, despite his humorous approach.</div>