The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Muskateer = Not too bad...(Another super quick, spoiler free review)

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #46896  by Ishamael
 Mon Sep 10, 2001 10:44 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>I'm not sure what I could spoil in this movie considering how ultra basic and jacked the plot is. ;)

Anyway, on to the action. The action in many of the scenes was excellent, but often they cheated. By cheated I mean they did things to hide the actors lack of skill. They did things like have super close-ups on their faces or the scenes were really dark so you couldn't actually <i>see</i> any of the action, even though you could hear swords clanging and dramatic music. However, a couple of the scenes were really good. One that comes to mind is the ladder scene at the end. That was old school kung fu craziness all the way. What are the chances of finding a barn with that many 40 foot tall ladders? ;) Another solid scene was the horse chase scene. That was pretty crazy too...

Anyway,end of rambling quick review.</div>

#46898  by G-man Joe
 Mon Sep 10, 2001 10:49 am
<div style='font: 11pt "comic sans MS"; text-align: left; '>My friends say - Dumb Movie. Apparently their girlfriends took them to see it. I was smart and stayed home with a couple of Jackie Chan rentals.</div>

#46899  by SineSwiper
 Mon Sep 10, 2001 1:00 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Legend of Drunken Master! I wish Shun Di had some of those moves on Virtua Fighter.</div>

#46903  by Gone to Shakers
 Mon Sep 10, 2001 5:04 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>I don't know how to go by that, my impression from the previews was that it was a Cheesy action flick along the lines of 13th Warrior, Highlander, and Escape from LA, I like those sorts of movies</div>

#46904  by Kupek
 Mon Sep 10, 2001 7:17 pm
<div style='font: 10pt verdana, tahoma; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>Eh, the action could've been better. Sometimes it was too silly - like the thing with the rafters. It was a McEpic.</div>

#46905  by Kupek
 Mon Sep 10, 2001 7:18 pm
<div style='font: 10pt verdana, tahoma; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>13th Warrior and Highlander were more serious and had better pacing.</div>

#46908  by Gentz
 Mon Sep 10, 2001 8:30 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>We need some really good white-european martial artists. Having all these Asian masters is great, but they can't really play characters in movies like this</div>

#46918  by Ishamael
 Tue Sep 11, 2001 2:33 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>Oh yeah, it was quite dumb. Believe me, this is strictly for the action only.</div>

#46919  by Ishamael
 Tue Sep 11, 2001 2:35 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>Agreed. That's why I made a point to point out where they cheated on the action. Definitely could have been better...</div>

#46922  by G-man Joe
 Tue Sep 11, 2001 8:27 am
<div style='font: 11pt "comic sans MS"; text-align: left; '>Not that Jackie Chan movies are any smarter....but for the stunts...oh man. Only Jet Li comes close.</div>