The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Saw LotR...gee, I wonder if I'm the only one...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #48066  by EsquE
 Sun Dec 30, 2001 8:46 am
<div style='font: 12pt Baskerville; text-align: left; '>...<i>anyway, I found it highly entertaining despite the length of it and having never read the book. It's something I'd enjoy more watching on DVD in a big comfy chair than in a hot theater, packed in like sardines, with my ass falling asleep in those rotten theater seats. One testament to how good it is is the fact that it was a packed theater, lots of kids and teenagers, the holiday season, and I didn't have the urge to kill anyone else in the theater at any point. Extremely...shockingly...well behaved crowd. They were actually watching the movie...I know, but I'm really not making this up.</i></div>

#48070  by New and Improved Zeus
 Sun Dec 30, 2001 10:20 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Man, read the books by August, when the DVD is due out. Personally, I think it enhances the enjoyment of the films. You keep saying "Wow, they did that well" or "Damn, that looks EXACTLY like I thought it should"</div>