The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Heh...PA has a comic and a short review on the movie, who lambasts the naysayers.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #52559  by SineSwiper
 Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:33 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '><b>Link:</b> <a href="http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?d ... 2-11">More PA stuph</a>

Heh...PA has a comic and a short review on the movie, who lambasts the naysayers.</div>

#52561  by Ishamael
 Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:52 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>LOL! I was that guy last Saturday... ;)</div>

#52566  by kali o.
 Wed Dec 11, 2002 2:59 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '><b>Link:</b> <a href="http://www.rottentomatoes.com/click/mov ... >Review</a>

And this guy sums up my feelings.....</div>

#52567  by SineSwiper
 Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:22 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>I don't think I'll take anybody seriously that has a "Tomatometer" for a movie gauge.</div>

#52568  by kali o.
 Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:36 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Err...that's the 'link-through' site....rottentomatoes.... Well, at least it looks like you are prepped to enjoy Equilibrium....</div>

#52570  by Tessian
 Wed Dec 11, 2002 4:30 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>yeah, I'm officially intrigued by this movie and now I'll have to see it after I see TT when I get home...I'm starting to think I saw a different trailer or something</div>

#52571  by Tessian
 Wed Dec 11, 2002 4:31 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>and I'm pleasantly surprised to see my theatre is in fact showing it. Nice</div>

#52574  by SineSwiper
 Wed Dec 11, 2002 7:12 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>Well, the reviews from various people has been either "it sucks hard" or "it's the greatest sci-fi action movie I've seen in years". Nothing in-between. That's rare to get in a movie.</div>

#52575  by Ishamael
 Wed Dec 11, 2002 7:29 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>Well, this opinion is the same kind of thing that plagued "The Matrix". I don't understand why people get offended when action movies dare to drift out of the realm of Conan the Barbarian and into Orwell. To them it's like peeing on the Bible. Ease up people!</div>