The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• VERY cool thread on Slashdot about Matrix:Reloaded (spoilers clearly marked).  I think this movie is MUCH better than I thought (and many negative reviewers)and I really need to see it again fast.  I think Bros. Wachowski are up to something big

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #55020  by Ishamael
 Thu May 15, 2003 2:50 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '><b>Link:</b> <a href="http://slashdot.org/articles/03/05/15/0 ... &tid=97</a>

VERY cool thread on Slashdot about Matrix:Reloaded (spoilers clearly marked). I think this movie is MUCH better than I thought (and many negative reviewers)and I really need to see it again fast. I think Bros. Wachowski are up to something big and we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg...</div>
 #55021  by G-man Joe
 Thu May 15, 2003 5:15 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>the guy who was keeping the Key Maker. Who is he? A programmer like Neo that decided to stay in the Matrix?</div>
 #55024  by Ishamael
 Thu May 15, 2003 7:41 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>He's some sort of being (possibly one of those degenerate programs they talked about) who can gain "backdoor" access to any part of the Matrix.

But the question about Neo is...is he really a person?

Also, the ending calls into question whether "the real world" is real at all or just another Matrix. Otherwise, how could Neo have stopped those Sentinels at the end? I guess it's possible he somehow gained powers in the real world, but that doesn't hold up as well.

Also, the business about Zion being destroyed all those times is interesting and calls into question just how old the Matrix really is. Right now it's looking like it's been around way more than a 100 years.

There's a bunch of other stuff to question too, but I gotta run for now. Really an interesting movie upon further reflection...</div>
 #55025  by G-man Joe
 Thu May 15, 2003 10:20 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>....Neo speaking with the Oracle. I know that's the part where she revealed somethings about "old programs" refusing to get deleted. I gotta watch it again. Good stuff.

The love scene dragged too long. =8^)</div>
 #55030  by Tessian
 Thu May 15, 2003 10:56 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>If the real world isn't another matrix then how the hell are the humans who run away always going back to the same place? I don't think humanity's always that predictable.</div>
 #55033  by Kupek
 Fri May 16, 2003 12:13 am
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>They're not running away on their own. The machines <i>created</i> Zion, and help to re-populate it every time. However, there still may be a Matrix on top of a Matrix.</div>

#55034  by Kupek
 Fri May 16, 2003 12:14 am
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>That's about what I figured.</div>

#55042  by Torgo
 Fri May 16, 2003 3:55 am
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>You're right about the latter. It was confusing, too. I couldn't tell the difference between Neo and Trinity :)</div>

#55044  by G-man Joe
 Fri May 16, 2003 8:03 am
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>I TOLD you they're siblings!</div>

#55065  by Ishamael
 Fri May 16, 2003 2:42 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>Yeah, you definitely needed to listen in on that part. It was pretty critical.</div>
 #55071  by SineSwiper
 Fri May 16, 2003 9:19 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>For example, the French guy mentions "predisecors" twice in the weapon fight scene, showing just how old of a program he really is. Note that this was before you actually figure out what this means.</div>