The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Bought movies: Bond 007 Box Set, X-men 2, The Vikings, Sum of All Fears, Space Balls, History of the World Part 1. Music: Stone Temple Pilots Greatest Hits

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #56998  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:28 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>The new STP album comes with pretty much all their songs that were released to video. They're one of the best alternative bands of all time, so it's well worth the money. The Album isn't expensive either, it costs 10 bucks (like 7 or 8 USD) and comes with a bonus DVD which I have yet to check out.

The Vikings: 1958 classicKirk Douglas film, about two Viking brothers, one a Prince, the other a slave, fighting over a woman who happens to be the Princess of England. There's plenty of violence with medival weaponry, rape, and brawling. Overall it's a fun action movie to watch.

Two Mel Brooks Films, Space Balls (which probably needs no description since most of you are gimps anyways and love everything and anything Starwars) and History of the World Part 1 (which also has the funeral scene from the movie the Vikings spoofed in it at the end). Both are fairly funny movies, especially History of the World Part 1 which is an absolute classic.

X-men 2: It's an alright movie, I'm not too much into super hero type movies but this one is fairly cool.

Sum of All Fears: Probably my favourite or second favourite of the Clancy up with Hunt for Red October. I know a lot of Americans felt sensitive about the movie because it showed a Nuke going off on US soil, I heard all the complaints; fuck them, it's a wicked movie. Essentially the plot is as follows: a Nazi, who saw that the fall of the fascism was a result of Nazi-Germany declaring on both the Capitalists and Communists, wishes to fix that wrong and begin a war between Russia and the US; who are currently the worlds two major powers. This plan involves nuclear weapons.

And the Bond Box set, it comes in three volumes and costs approximately 300 bucks (200-250 USD), for 20 movies that's a fairly good deal, 15 bucks each; since I'm a gigantic fan of the 007 movies, I've got a lot of good times ahead of me. I already had a few on DVD, so I have some doubles (and I have almost all of them on VHS, up to Tommorow Never Dies), so I've got a lot of Bond stuff to sell off now =)

Overall I'd say that was a fairly productive trip. Oh yeah, and I also picked up the games Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 and Dead to Rights for Gamecube because they only cost 20 bucks each (about 15 USD, and they also cost that much for PS2 as well).</div>