The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• What the hell is wrong with Americans!!! Get out there and watch ROTK 3 more times! NOW!

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #57494  by G-man Joe
 Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:52 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '><b>Link:</b> <a href="http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Conten ... 3808416</a>

What the hell is wrong with Americans!!! Get out there and watch ROTK 3 more times! NOW!</div>

#57496  by ManaMan
 Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:45 pm
<div style='font: 12pt Arial; text-align: left; '>I think the geek ratio is just higher in Canada.</div>

#57497  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:40 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>This coming from a guy from a country where Starwars "reigns supreme" as the top selling movie of all time.</div>

#57504  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:23 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '><b>Link:</b> <a href="http://www.worldwideboxoffice.com/">htt ... ce.com/</a>

Speaking of Lord of the Rings, less than 175M to the 1 billion mark. 826M in just one months sales is indeed very impressive</div>

#57505  by G-man Joe
 Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:43 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>I told you this already. Titanic will no longer be the biggest single money making movie ever. ROTK is Lord of the movies. In fact...it's the best movie for the next 10 years unless The Hobbit changes my mind.</div>

#57510  by Eric
 Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:31 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Well technically, only another awesome trilogy would have a chance, it has to have a strong start, a middle that makes you want more but can stand on its own, and a finish that blows you away, LotRs did it, The Matrix failed horribley, also time is also important. *COUGH* Star Wars *COUGH*.</div>