The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• I'm starting to understand what EsquE said about Dragon Ball so long ago.  They need to let Vegeta be the hero once!  Come on!  Let someone else be the hero besides Goku!  Wow, I can't believe I'm commenting on the plot of Dragon Ball.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #60396  by Ishamael
 Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:58 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>I'm starting to understand what EsquE said about Dragon Ball so long ago. They need to let Vegeta be the hero once! Come on! Let someone else be the hero besides Goku! Wow, I can't believe I'm commenting on the plot of Dragon Ball...</div>

#60397  by Eric
 Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:48 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>It's been said before, but as you know after the Cell saga Gohan was supposed to become the star, but the fans bitched alot so they had to revive Goku.</div>
 #60398  by Lox
 Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:05 am
<div style='font: bold 9pt ; text-align: left; '>And they killed Omega Shenron with a freaking spirit bomb. A SPIRIT BOMB!!! COME ON!!! I honestly thought they'd do something slightly different for the last battle. *sigh*</div>

#60399  by Ishamael
 Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:08 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>That may have worked if they at least made the other characters relevent. I mean guys like Gohan, Trunks, and even Vegeta are practically nobodies when it comes to the fight scenes. It's all Goku all the time with no let up....</div>

#60400  by Zeus
 Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:43 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>And I thought we were rid of this :-)</div>

#60414  by Ishamael
 Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:49 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>I'm late on the bandwagon. I wasn't watching Dragon Ball back when ya'll were talking about it. :)</div>

#60415  by Ishamael
 Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:50 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>You mean they killed the bad guy at the end?! Thanks for ruining GT for me, Lox!</div>

#60417  by SineSwiper
 Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:43 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>And I'll continue my mission to kill those people that bitched. Gohan's entrance as the hero was one of the coolest parts of the entire series, next to Vegeta's betrayal and redemption in the Buu saga.</div>

#60418  by SineSwiper
 Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:46 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>I wouldn't consider Vegeta a nobody. He's just as much of Goku's competition as Goku's enemies. The problem I have with Goku is he's soooo fucking one-dimensional, compared to his morally-conflicted friend/adversary, Vegeta. In fact, most of the characters have a better personality than Goku.</div>

#60428  by Ishamael
 Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:09 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>That used to be the case. But by GT, Vegeta is a nobody (he talks tough, maybe goes Super Saiyan, then gets his ass kicked). I mean, let the guy at least go Super Saiyan 3 for crying out loud! I don't ask for much.... ;)</div>

#60431  by Eric
 Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:23 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>I think GT brought out the original series biggest flaws, the extra draw out battles with enemies that get killed in one blast. The uselessness of all the characters BUT Goku. The ridiculous limitless amount of power that some random villian suddenly gets.....</div>

#60432  by Eric
 Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:25 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>I mean at least DBZ tried to hide it. When Vegeta was beating the crap outta Cell's 2nd form, the "reason" was he was showing off and his ego allowed it. In GT, Goku fights as a kid ALOT when he should be Super Saiyan or SSJ4, and toys with enemies for....what reason again?</div>

#60436  by SineSwiper
 Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:02 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>That's a damn shame...and I heard that GT was actually pretty good.</div>

#60437  by Ishamael
 Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:11 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>In the original series at least, all the characters worked together and it actually seemed like they were worth something (Gohan vs cell, Vegeta vs Buu/Goku, everyone vs Bibidi). But now, they're just punching bags, even when they're super saiyan they're all 2 power levels less. Bah.</div>

#60438  by Ishamael
 Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:13 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>It's OK, but it doesn't measure up to DBZ. You can even see the show going down as the writers try to bring back the good old days. First they make Goku a kid again. Then they give him back his tail. Then they even bring back the big ape! None of it works completely....</div>

#60439  by Ishamael
 Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:14 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>I noticed that too. Of course the reason is so that they can drag out more episodes... :)</div>