The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• 17 eps into Naruto now and this show can't decide if it wants to be Narutoball Z or not :-) I know they needed to wait for the manga to catch up, but every time there's a big fight, at least half the ep is wasted in summarizing the previous one. Just get

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #61131  by Zeus
 Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:27 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>17 eps into Naruto now and this show can't decide if it wants to be Narutoball Z or not :-) I know they needed to wait for the manga to catch up, but every time there's a big fight, at least half the ep is wasted in summarizing the previous one. Just get it over with dammit</div>

#61133  by Eric
 Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:34 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>There's tons of filler get used to it, it becomes less blatent later on. But for the time being you'll have to deal.</div>

#61134  by Gentz
 Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:51 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Eh. Naruto is like DBZ in the sense that humans are like cro-magnons. If martial-arts action anime aren't your thing then you probably won't be a fan of either, but the comparisons end there.</div>

#61139  by Zeus
 Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:42 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>What I didn't like about DBZ was it's extreme childishness. Naruto is much, much better that way, even though it has it's childish aspects, it seems to be more written for teens.</div>

#61140  by Zeus
 Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:43 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Yeah, I've heard. It also happens near ep 100 from what I heard. I'll live through it...for now</div>

#61145  by SineSwiper
 Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:53 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>It was based around Dragonball, so you really can't fault them on that.</div>

#61156  by Zeus
 Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:43 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Naruto was? If so, it's grown up....a lot</div>