The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• I just saw Candyman again for the first time since I was a kid. Damn, I don't know why I thought this was the scariest horror movie back then. Maybe it was because I have an overactive imagination and this one has a lot of elements other horror movies don

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #61396  by Julius Seeker
 Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:16 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>For example, actual plot development. I was quite impressed by the plot. Perhaps to a kid with an overactive imagination, this would cause a lot more thought than movies like Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Evil Dead, and stuff like that; and maybe cause one to be more afraid. It's a good movie, one I would recommend to those who haven't seen it, or haven't seen it in over a decade. As far as plot goes, it has more development in the first 20-30 minutes than most other horror movies made in the last 10 years or so.

I do remember watching the sequels years ago as well, they don't really continue the story, but start off on a new sort of movie. Candyman was more a hero than a villain. A good concept, but they didn't execute it right. It should have been a continuation of the first story, they could have done that one well enough.</div>

#61397  by Gentz
 Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:58 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>That's because it's based on a short story by Clive Barker</div>