The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Do we really need this?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#87249  by Julius Seeker
 Wed May 18, 2005 2:52 pm
I don't, I haven't even heard of the first one. I don't even know why I'm replying, I don't even give a half a shit =)

#87250  by Shellie
 Wed May 18, 2005 2:52 pm
probably not, but if it's good...maybe :)

Am I the only person who loved The Dark Crystal?

#87258  by Zeus
 Wed May 18, 2005 3:13 pm
Seraphina wrote:probably not, but if it's good...maybe :)

Am I the only person who loved The Dark Crystal?
No, this is why I'm saying we don't need it. The old one is a classic kids flick. Look what happened to the Neverending Story (which RULED) when they made sequels....

#87260  by Julius Seeker
 Wed May 18, 2005 3:21 pm
They made sequels to Neverending story?

#87262  by Lox
 Wed May 18, 2005 3:28 pm
The Seeker wrote:They made sequels to Neverending story?
Well, it is Neverending. That basically screams multiple sequels to studio execes. :)

#87264  by Kupek
 Wed May 18, 2005 4:50 pm
The first movie is only half the book. So a sequel made sense, even if it wasn't very good. I've only seen small pieces of the movies, and I read the book in 4th grade, so I don't know much else about them.

#87265  by Flip
 Wed May 18, 2005 4:56 pm
The Neverending Story made me cry as a kid when the horse died. Then i was happy again at the end. The killer statues scared me, though.

#87268  by Shellie
 Wed May 18, 2005 5:19 pm
Flip wrote:The Neverending Story made me cry as a kid when the horse died. Then i was happy again at the end. The killer statues scared me, though.
That was a great movie when I was a kid...the wolf, forgot his name, would always scare me.

What was his mother's name that he yells out anyway?

#87270  by Julius Seeker
 Wed May 18, 2005 5:31 pm
I remember not liking the Neverending Story when I was a kid;my favourite movies when I was a kid were Conan the Barbarian, Scarface, Ghost Busters, Predator, Commando, any Bond flicks (I remember loving Living Dailights and License to Kill), and others. I was a big action fan when I was younger.

#87296  by SineSwiper
 Thu May 19, 2005 7:45 am
Anybody remember the Rainbow Brite movie? That was actually pretty decent for a kid's movie, even for boys. The robotic horse that the boy rode on was cool.

#87316  by Lox
 Thu May 19, 2005 9:43 am
SineSwiper wrote:Anybody remember the Rainbow Brite movie? That was actually pretty decent for a kid's movie, even for boys. The robotic horse that the boy rode on was cool.
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Just kidding. :) I do remember Rainbow Brite but I didn't know there was a movie.

#87318  by Agent 57
 Thu May 19, 2005 9:55 am
Seraphina wrote:That was a great movie when I was a kid...the wolf, forgot his name, would always scare me.

What was his mother's name that he yells out anyway?
The wolf's name is the Gmork. Apparently, the name that Bastian yells out the window is "Moonchild", his mother's nickname.

I read the book just a couple years ago, and somehow can't remember any of the salient details from there. D'oh.

#87334  by Zeus
 Thu May 19, 2005 11:03 am
Kupek wrote:The first movie is only half the book. So a sequel made sense, even if it wasn't very good. I've only seen small pieces of the movies, and I read the book in 4th grade, so I don't know much else about them.
Watch the original, maybe the best kids movie ever. I adored it. The sequel was barely tolerable. The 3rd was Power Rangers with some Neverending Story elements, it was god-awful

#87336  by Imakeholesinu
 Thu May 19, 2005 11:11 am
We don't need it since Henson is in the ground. If they some how resurrected him, let him do it. Someone is just going to fuck it up though.

"You wanna take the tape out...YOU CAN'T TAKE THE TAPE OUT!!!"