The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Transporter 2 and Flight Plan...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #92465  by Imakeholesinu
 Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:27 pm
Saw Transporter 2 today with Natsumi before we came back home from spending the weekend in St. Louis where I was an uber nerd and played battlefield at a LAN while she dropped $300 on shoes at DSW. I have to say it's done a bit better than the first one. Fight sequences are awesome and sometimes painful to watch. The sound is what makes me feel the taste of an iron fire hose nozzle hitting my face. Unfortunately still, Jason Staham is underrated as an actor and under utilized. The rest of the cast was no-names but some looked like the guy who hosts Arena on G4.

Saw Flight Plan on Saturday Night and I have to say while I give Jodie Foster props on being the crazy woman no one believes and being helpless all the time, I have to say it's getting old. Seriously, it's like a game, "Let's go torture Jodie Foster" has become synonomus with "Let's go beat the hell out of a dead horse" in my mind. The acting? So-so. Ever since Garden State, Peter Sarsgaard has been getting a lot of work. He was good in this, and was ok in Skeleton Key (but that movie BLOWS, ugh, I wanted to shoot myself.). I'd like to see Sean Bean in more films though, but the rest of the cast again was a bunch of no names except Erika Christensen, who has been under utilized since her role as the sub-urban freebasing chick with Topher Grace in Traffic. Again, a so-so effort, but please leave Jodie Foster alone, she's been through enough!