The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Welcome to Frightening, U.S.A.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #93765  by Nev
 Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:32 pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prussian_B ... can_duo%29

I read about these girls in Newsweek. They are adorable, blond-haired, blue-eyed, musically talented, white supremacist moppets.

If I didn't know how easily this kind of shit catches on, I'd be tempted to laugh at the "Happy Hitler" shirt they're wearing as a piece of horrendously terrible absurdity, but I do actually know how easily this kind of shit catches on and so I can't. What I want to know is, who the hell are their parents?

This also does nothing to dispel my notions of southern-central California as the asshole of the universe. I don't know if I'd shoot myself before living in Bakersfield (where they are from), but I doubt I'd be happy. The article does mention that the mother is planning to move someplace quite whiter; I suppose the 30% Latino population must have given them headaches.

#93769  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:48 pm
Come on, this is funny stuff! =P

A German nationalist, white supremecist band with two thirteen year old blonde-haired blue-eyed girls who were born and raised in the united states. It is that unlikelyness of this sort of thing that makes it so damn hillarious =P

Don't worry, I do not think it will catch on. How likely is it that all of the sudden a German nationalist movement is going to start up in the United States? Now if it was an anti-Mexican or Anti-Arab band, something that is MUCH MUCH more wide spread, then I would be worried. Still, don't be afraid to laugh at this, I know you want to =)

#93773  by Nev
 Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:47 pm
I will admit to being somewhat amused by the "Happy Hitler" shirt...

You do have a good point about the anti-Latino and anti-Arab sentiment thing.

#93781  by SineSwiper
 Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:35 pm
Image Somehow, I'm reminded of the Chapelle skit about the black (and blind) KKK member. Image
Last edited by SineSwiper on Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

#93800  by Julius Seeker
 Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:09 am
SineSwiper wrote:Somehow, I'm reminded of the Chapelle skit about the black (and blind) KKK member.
Clayton Bigsby, that was his best skit =P

#96185  by Julius Seeker
 Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:37 pm
I downloaded some of their music. They REALLY suck.