The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Harvest Moon 10th Anniversary

• Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
 #123565  by Julius Seeker
 Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:11 pm
Is today. Natsume is releasing the 10th Anniversary editions of Harvest Moon for Wii and DS. As has been the case with the series in recent times, the new games will have new concepts backing them; without straying from the much loved formula too much. Players will begin by being shipwrecked on a deserted island, they will take over an abandonned farm, mine, and do other tasks. What will occur as a result of this is that settlers will move onto the island and set up their businesses. Your island will grow and prosper, and like previous games, the player can wed and then begin a family later on. This title is promised by Natsume to be the largest Harvest Moon title to date.

Rune Factory was a good buy, and this one sounds like it could be even more interesting. I am a sucker for shipwrecked/survival games, AND civilization/society building games; so I may be more excited about this one than most. I have also been playing both Rune Factory and the original SNES Harvest Moon recently.