The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Dragon Quest X announced for Wii

• Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
 #129900  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:05 am
Square Enix held a surprise press conference in Tokyo on Wednesday and with Nintendo president Satoru Iwata in attendance revealed that the hotly anticipated Dragon Quest 9 will be coming to DS on March 28 in Japan for 5980 yen ($64 USD).

By far the bigger news, however, is that that Square Enix and Nintendo announced that Dragon Quest 10 is being developed for Wii. No details on the project were given.

According to a live blog by the site Gemaga, DQ creator Yuji Horii took the stage and made the announcement. Afterward, Iwata was quoted as saying, "Thank you very much for announcing Dragon Quest X for Wii." A Reuters story later confirmed the news.

The Dragon Quest series is extremely popular in Japan, each update selling millions of copies. This latest announcement is sure to generate continued appeal for Nintendo's already popular console in the homeland.
IGN reports

I am REALLY into this series right now, so this one really excites me. Dragon Quest 4 and 8 are fantastic games. I can't wait to see some info on this one.