The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Nintendo Direct: Miiverse/Nintendo Net Information

• Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
Because playing them is not enough, we have to bitch about them daily, too. We had a Gameplay forum, but it got replaced by GameFAQs.
 #158458  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:47 am
Watching the stream from Japan right now, I'll probably be editing this post as translations and stuff come through:

What is Miiverse? It's essentially Nintendo's version of Facebook which is fully integrated with the Wii U experience. It can be described as Facebook tooled towards console gaming.

* What looks like 12 Accounts can be uploaded per Wii U
* Each Account will maintain its own save data
* Nintendo Network will function on multiple Devices (judging by some of the UI)
* Wii U store will adopt the name eShop
* Showing switching of screens of view between Gamepad and TV using the TV button.
* Friends can be added from communities, they need to accept the invite.
* Miiverse community can comment on sections of the game, their comments will pop up in game and during loading screens. Spoiler controls exist.
* Wii to Wii U data transfer (3DS was 100% right down to every detail such as uncollected street passes).
* Videochat using the gamepad! Showed a chat with Reggie and Iwata.
* You can draw things on the screen during

UPDATE:
• Users can access the Miiverse at any time on the Gamepad, and see what games other users are playing.
• Users can follow other users, like on Twitter.
• Karaoke software/service being developed by Nintendo with over 90,000 songs. I didn't quite catch the pricing structure.
• In game screenshots can be taken and posted to Miiverse.

Now they have switched over to a New Super Mario Bros U presentation. I probably would have got this game everntually, but this looks SOOOOO much better than NSMB2 in every single way. So I am now sold. Anyway, going to stop here. I'll come back and watch the replay of the rest after work - add more information (missed a lot, especially because of the language barrier).