The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Anyone catch Lost?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #101450  by Ishamael
 Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:28 am
Yeesh, talk about jumping the shark. To be fair though, the opening was moderately interesting.

#101454  by Zeus
 Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:06 am
I'm not being sarcastic, but I thought they jumped the shark in episode 2 or season 2. I could not bring myself to watch it after there was only 2 minutes of forward plot movement in a 44 minute episode.

Really, that entire show should have been a 12-part miniseries, it would have been spectacular. In the hands of JJ Abrams, it became a good idea gone disastrously wrong

#101474  by Ishamael
 Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:08 pm
Zeus wrote: Really, that entire show should have been a 12-part miniseries..
Exactly. As Bilbo said, it feels like butter spread over too much toast.

#101656  by Manshoon
 Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:07 pm
Looks like I'm the lastest Lost convert here. I haven't seen a single ep. on TV yet, rather I've been catching up over the past few months between Netflix and Itunes. I find it to be a kickass show personally, just behind BSG as my favorite. But then again I've been doing marathon DVD sessions over the weekends and haven't had to care as much about the "10 minutes plot/30 minutes flashback" issue as if I was following it on TV (which it looks like I'm stuck doing now).

#101661  by Anarky
 Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:02 am
I almost think that with LOST you need to wait for the whole season to be complete before watching it, otherwise you're just upset.

#101668  by Nev
 Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:56 am
This is why I don't watch TV anymore, mostly. Seems like most interesting shows have to resort to increasingly unbelievable stuff in order to keep the suspense up. Though, to be honest, I haven't seen Lost...

However, when I saw season 1 of Oz, I was like "OMG this is a great show", then season 2 was like "WTF? This is slower, and boring..." I guess most people thought Oz lost it in season 4, or something, but I just couldn't even get through the second season.

I dunno man...has anyone seen Rome? I was considering picking up the box set recently...I'd LIKE to keep watching TV, and supporting it...but...

#101673  by Zeus
 Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:40 am
I saw the first two eps of Rome and just didn't care.

The few shows I watch are entertaining and, obviously, I'd recommend. My Name is Earl, Veronica Mars, and 24 are all worth your time. And if you haven't seen it yet, watch Six Feet Under through, it's great

#101680  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:25 pm
We're at 25,000 posts in this forum as of my post. Twenty Five Thousand even.