The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Project A-ko

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #101769  by Eric
 Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:23 am
Old School Anime. I actually think it was one of the very first animes I ever saw on Sci-Fi's Anime Rush week(Which lead to Saturday Anime). I was wondering if any of you have seen it before as well? :)

#101770  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:39 am
Yeah, I saw it back when I was in grade 4 or 5. I remember liking it, but I totally forget what it was about. Wasn't there some sort of lesbian thing in it with A-Ko and some blonde girl?

#101777  by Torgo
 Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:49 am
Wow, I first saw it about a decade ago on the Scifi Channel, too. I believe I still have the video somewhere around here. Don't particularly remember any lesbianism, but hey, it's been a long time.

#101780  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:37 pm
Torgo wrote:Wow, I first saw it about a decade ago on the Scifi Channel, too. I believe I still have the video somewhere around here. Don't particularly remember any lesbianism, but hey, it's been a long time.
It might have been something else, I haven't seen it in probably 15+ years myself. I seem to remember this blonde haired girl who really wanted A-Ko though.

#101783  by Oracle
 Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:49 pm
I still have that movie on VHS somewhere. A-Ko was the red head, B-Ko was the blue haired one, and C-Ko was the annoying blonde who followed A-Ko around everywhere.

Here's a pretty accurate summarization of the series (think there were 3 movies) I found on IMDB : Project A-ko is the typical love triangle of three school girls and their confrontations with aliens, giant robots, and women who look like burly men.

It's basically a spoof anime that spoofed everything. Martial Arts, tenticles, anime chicks wearing barely anything and nothing at times, big robots, etc. If you saw other old animes like Gal Force, Gundam, Macros, etc. you would find project A-Ko pretty funny.

here's a link to a really bad midi of the theme song : http://www.zuhlcity.com/header/pako-gm.mid