The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Ok, Music Time...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #102253  by Imakeholesinu
 Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:33 am
I've got a new found interest in John Mayer. I don't know why but I think most of it has to do with my friend at work who managed to double my MP3 collection with his. I'm up to close to 6500 songs now.

John Mayer is the fucking man. This man must get laid all the time because the women he sings about are the type of girls I wish I ended up with at the end of the night at some dive bar.

Secondly, I didn't know "Stand Up" by Dave Matthews was such a great album! I stopped listening to him after Crash which wasn't the greatest of albums but it was, what I would like to say a bit of a downward spiral for the guys a bit. Then they go release "Busted Stuff" and this gem and I'm like "WTF!!!!" .

"...and I can't remember life before her name..."

Who writes shit like that anymore??? NO ONE!!!

Thank you John.

#102257  by Nev
 Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:39 am
Interesting take on that part of singer-songwriter culture...

As a huge DMB fan, it's interesting to hear your opinion. Some people actually think of Crash as a near-perfect album. Most of DMB's more rabid fanbase tends to be of the opinion that Dave and crew hit their peak with Before These Crowded Streets, and that they've never gotten quite back up to where they were since - I tend to go with that. I thought Stand Up was a little too populist for my tastes, for example, though American Baby is a great song...I liked Busted Stuff a lot better than Stand Up...

But, to each his own. Very interesting to hear your take on John Mayer, too. I tend to find him too sensitive for my tastes, so it's different to hear someone talk him up as "the man".

#102259  by Imakeholesinu
 Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:44 am
Nev wrote:Interesting take on that part of singer-songwriter culture...

As a huge DMB fan, it's interesting to hear your opinion. Some people actually think of Crash as a near-perfect album. Most of DMB's more rabid fanbase tends to be of the opinion that Dave and crew hit their peak with Before These Crowded Streets, and that they've never gotten quite back up to where they were since - I tend to go with that. I thought Stand Up was a little too populist for my tastes, for example, though American Baby is a great song...I liked Busted Stuff a lot better than Stand Up...

But, to each his own. Very interesting to hear your take on John Mayer, too. I tend to find him too sensitive for my tastes, so it's different to hear someone talk him up as "the man".
I dunno man, the guy is a bit of a fucking genius. I remember hearing him during his first album release and thinking that he wasn't going to make it past his first opening, but the guy has 3 albums and the last two I have a great interest in and the third one, I haven't heard a lot about, but fuck me, the girls he sings to, about, of, whatever, I still want to meet them and be like "How the hell did you get this guy to sing about you? Because he hit it right on the head in some parts."

Just listen to the track titled "Untitled" on "Room for Squares" and you'll understand where I'm coming from. No one wants to be alone at christmas time.